I was talking on the phone with my mom today, and she was asking about the kids. She mentioned that she feels like she hasn't got to share in Isaac's life like she has Jex and Stella. It made me think about all the things Grandparents miss while we live so far away. So... I am going to share with you ten things about Isaac. I hope this will help our family get to know him a little better.
1. He loves to snuggle. He will snuggle with me for hours and is content as long as he's on my lap. When he wakes up in the morning we snuggle for 5-10 minutes with his head on my shoulder.
2. He is very smart. He can say "Mom", and will holler at me when I'm not in his view. He can also find the light, patty cake, and grab your nose when asked.
3. He loves to eat grown up food. His favorite is a grilled cheese sandwich, and without teeth no less. He is a great eater.
4. He's not in any hurry to be mobile. He likes to just sit and play. On the other hand, he is very busy. No movement involved... but he manages to get his hands into everything.
5. He loves people watching. If he is tired or hungry he can forget all about it when a crowd of people (especially kids) enters the room. He will just watch and smile.
6. He loves to play in the water.
7. He is bashful and also a flirt. We will smile at you and then bury his head in my shoulder.
8. He is a very happy baby, with the most adorable laugh.
9. He is ticklish on his sides, and he can't contain his laughter.
10. He is too busy to let us read to him (I try, but his hands are really involved) He loves when we sing to him. He will let me sing and rock him for 15 minutes or so.
We love you Isaac!! I hope this helps you know more about this wonderful addition in our life. I am sorry we have to be so far away. Even though our lives are so far apart, our children love their grandparents, even Isaac!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Posted by Andrea at 11:05 PM