Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My baby is growing up.



I was talking on the phone with my mom today, and she was asking about the kids. She mentioned that she feels like she hasn't got to share in Isaac's life like she has Jex and Stella. It made me think about all the things Grandparents miss while we live so far away. So... I am going to share with you ten things about Isaac. I hope this will help our family get to know him a little better.

1. He loves to snuggle. He will snuggle with me for hours and is content as long as he's on my lap. When he wakes up in the morning we snuggle for 5-10 minutes with his head on my shoulder.

2. He is very smart. He can say "Mom", and will holler at me when I'm not in his view. He can also find the light, patty cake, and grab your nose when asked.

3. He loves to eat grown up food. His favorite is a grilled cheese sandwich, and without teeth no less. He is a great eater.

4. He's not in any hurry to be mobile. He likes to just sit and play. On the other hand, he is very busy. No movement involved... but he manages to get his hands into everything.

5. He loves people watching. If he is tired or hungry he can forget all about it when a crowd of people (especially kids) enters the room. He will just watch and smile.

6. He loves to play in the water.

7. He is bashful and also a flirt. We will smile at you and then bury his head in my shoulder.

8. He is a very happy baby, with the most adorable laugh.

9. He is ticklish on his sides, and he can't contain his laughter.

10. He is too busy to let us read to him (I try, but his hands are really involved) He loves when we sing to him. He will let me sing and rock him for 15 minutes or so.

We love you Isaac!! I hope this helps you know more about this wonderful addition in our life. I am sorry we have to be so far away. Even though our lives are so far apart, our children love their grandparents, even Isaac!!

9 comments:

Bre said...

He is just adorable, what a handsome boy! I love the little things about children. I only got to meet Jex. They are all so darn cute! I loved your post! Thanks for sharing!

Krysta said...

It is hard being away from family! You want Isaac to know his grandparents just as much as they want to know him! He is so cute. I loved the things you said about him. It reminds me of Kaylee, just content to sit playing with toys, not moving around. It's probably nice to have the third one not too mobile yet!

Dave and Lindsay said...

OH, I love Isaac. I wish I got to see all those fun things everyday and snuggle with him. Thanks for sharing though and hopefully we can see all of you sometime soon!

KW said...

this made me sad :(

Alli said...

Hey Andrea-
This is funny I went to my friends blog and you were on her link. It was the Boyds. We were in there ward in CA. Your blog is so cute! We live far away too. It is so hard. I have a 8 mnth old baby boy too.
Allison (Black) Johnson

Andrea said...

Alison,
Do you have a blog? I would love to see it if you do. I hope you are well. It is good to hear from you.
Andrea

Pam said...

The pic in the plaid shirt looks like dad!! wow! He is soooo cute!! I wan't to snuggle and squeeze him!

Alli said...

Hey Andrea sorry I thought if I posted a comment it would give you my blog address. Mine is johnsonfamilynow.blogspot.com

Ashlee said...

Wow..you left quick! I didn't even get to say goodbye! Hope you are loving your new house! We miss you already!

Related Posts with Thumbnails