Sunday, January 11, 2015

…because I so desperately need it.

I thought I would join the New Year craze and once again pick a word to focus on.

A word to help me become a better version of myself.

I had no intention of participating in this fun fad this year. 

I did however stumble upon the perfect word as I was meditating and contemplating about all my hopes and dreams for the year 2015; and I knew I needed a word.

My hopes and dreams mostly consist of just being a better person.

I made lists and lists of how I could be a better wife, mother, sister, friend, etc….

I could sum up all my lists of how to be with one word:Gracious

I want to be more Gracious.

Gracious means: being kind, courteous, pleasant, encouraging, and compassionate. 

Be Gracious

It means to smile and be gracious even in defeat.

Now, I don’t know about you but I am defeated quite often.  Most of the time I am defeated by everyday challenges, and just by being in this hectic world we live in.

We all know how quickly the world can frustrate and defeat us.

I want to try to defend myself.  I am hoping that if I arm myself with just a little bit of Grace; I might be able to fight back.

should try

How I will be Gracious?:

I will thank people.

I will be a good listener.

I will pay attention.

I will understand that others are just as important as I.

I will give others the benefit of the doubt.

I will compliment others.

I will swallow my pride.

I will let others talk.

I will put others first.

…and then on those days that I fail at this, all the while trying my hardest:

I will allow myself Grace.  I will be Gracious unto myself. I will give myself the benefit of the doubt.

give

I will be Gracious, because He is Gracious unto me.

Psalm 116:5 “ Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.”

I pray that as I strive to be more Gracious, that God will arm me with the strength I need to conquer that what he has in store for me.

3 comments:

Stella said...

I am with you; with your choice to focus on "Gracious . I really love being here and this post really touched me. I can learn from you. In so many ways!

KW said...

That's a great word to focus on, goes along with what I've been trying to focus on. Love all the cute quotes.

Letti said...

I love your word! What a wonderful world this would be if we all tried to be a little more gracious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails