Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Friends.

Friends are so important.  I am so thankful for the good friends I have.

15 years ago when I lived in Logan, UT for the first time; my husband and I made some great friends.

…and now we have moved back.  We have reconnected with some of those friends.

We have also made wonderful new friendships.  I am so thankful for the gift of friendship.

One of those friendships that was created during my previous years in Logan was with my BFF; Krysta.

That little stinker doesn’t live in Logan anymore.  They moved to Houston just before we moved to Arkansas. 

I was all for it then because that meant it was only a 7 hour drive to see her.

Now that I’m back in Logan; it’s almost strange not to have her here.

All of my previous Logan memories almost all have her in them.

…so because she isn’t here; I have to make the journey to Houston to see her.

Last Novemeber, I took a trip to Houston to see Krysta.

I never blogged about it because Thanksgiving, Christmas, and surgery all happened right after coming home.

I want to go back and recap about it now:

   photo VisittoKrystas-0013_zps411cd045.jpg

This is my favorite part about arriving in Houston; walking through the door of the Moes’ house.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0010_zps092ca5e7.jpg

It feels like home.  Krysta’s house feels so comfortable.  It is beautiful; I wish I could take you on the full tour.  You would love it.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0015_zps996ecc50.jpg

She had done a little re-decorating since I had been there last so it was fun to see a few of the changes.  Walking around and looking for all the changes is part of the Krysta/Andrea ritual.  We do it every time we arrive at each other’s home.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0012_zpsa04a8aa4.jpg

We both love fall and decorating for it; so it was fun to be in her house with all her pumpkins out.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0005_zps2fcdf623.jpg

This was the room I got to stay in:

 photo VisittoKrystas-0002_zps4de41d67.jpg

Poor Ady was kicked out of her bed so I had somewhere to sleep.  I kept telling Ady that the “A” was for Andrea.

I love being with all of Krysta’s kids.  They are like my own nieces and nephews. 

Ady was born just 9 days before Tess; so it was fun to be with her.

Here she is helping me wash apples and telling me stories.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0073_zpsebd344e6.jpg

One thing I wanted Krysta to teach me is how to make carmel apples.  She is so good at it.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0103_zps4578611f.jpg

It is a tradition in her family.

  photo VisittoKrystas-0089_zpsb7ac1efa.jpg

See… they have the whole process down.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0097_zps7ca06114.jpg

Now I am addicted to carmel apples; and have made them about 15 times since I left Houston.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0110_zpsf60df6ee.jpg

It was great to be in the nice Houston weather while it was so chilly in Utah.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0043_zpscd536086.jpg

It’s so warm Krysta has a lemon tree in her backyard.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0067_zpsdb2b3883.jpg

I was smitten with it, and so jealous.  I think I could move back to humidity just for all the beautiful plants that grow.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0038_zps0f1e2bc4.jpg

Krysta’s yard looks amazing.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0037_zps93483fba.jpg

When we are together, we don’t make big plans.

In fact, I love just chilling at her house.  It’s like having a vacation at home without having any work to do.

Here I am chilling on my computer; while Ady sleeps on the floor.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0022_zps441f7083.jpg

We did do A LOT of shopping(enough that I had to ship a box of stuff home), and made sure to eat good food.

We both love to eat.  We enjoy trying out the recipes that we each make for our own families; and we love going out.

 photo VisittoKrystas-0032_zps2c031ca3.jpg

KRYSTA.  I MISS YA!!

I can’t wait for you to come this summer.

Thanks for the awesome visit in the fall.

We should all thank God for good friends.

2 comments:

Candice said...

Beautiful ladies! Friends are the best! You two are lucky to have each other!

Rogerson's said...

Haven't dropped in on your blog for a while and wow what can happen in a few months! I'm so sorry to hear about all of your health complications and glad to see and hear that you're getting back on your feet again. We've closed/remodeled for six weeks before moving to AF and I just checked out of life for a while. Love as always your constant optimism, even through the tough stuff, love the pictures, the baseball, the dear friends, glad you're back on your feet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails