Monday, October 7, 2013

October and Stockings.

Raise your hand if you think October is the most lovely month in all of the year?

There is something so wonderful about October.

I can’t quite put a finger on what I love.

Perhaps it’s that I love it all.

I can relate with this quote from Anne of Green Gables:

Octobers

I always wanted an October baby.  I just knew there would be nothing more perfect then having a baby in the perfect month.  There was no luck with the first three that all graced us in August.  Then the above cutie came, in the perfect month.  Our little Tess was born and made the month even more perfect.

Because I love October so much, I really don’t want it to end.  Although I know it must.

Christmas is about the only thing that makes October’s end seem ok.

When I saw these adorable stockings my sister is making it made me start to think a little about how Christmas is approaching.

stockings5

My adorable younger sister Lindsay is amazing.

She has the amazing ability to remain peaceful, calm and stress free; I admire that about her.

You are asking, “what does that have to do with Christmas and stockings?”

Over Labor Day weekend, the basement in her home flooded after a crazy rainstorm.  I was there and able to help her sort through the mess.

I think I had enough anxiety for the both of us. 

How stressful it is to have everything you have stored in your basement wet, damp, muddy or damaged.

I was amazed at her ability to stay calm. 

I was also amazed that just two days later she was sharing pictures with us of the latest stockings she had made.

I learned a great lesson from her: Sometimes we have to take a break dealing with the hard stuff, and do things we love.

What she loves is making custom projects for others.  That is why she has been able to have a successful little business.  She can make anything you can dream up in your little head.

She started her business making custom onesies for people and then last year she added custom stockings to the mix.

stocking pictures-0095

…and these are the ones she made me!!

I mentioned that I was thinking a tiffany blue chevron with some sort of gray top.

She texted me later to ask if I thought gray burlap would look nice? Perfect!!

stocking pictures-0097

Just what I was thinking.

I also knew that I wouldn’t be able to find what I was imagining at any store.

Custom is the way to go.

Here are some of the other fun stockings she has made.

stockings2

IMG_5725

stockings3

stockings4

stockings6

stockings7

Do you want custom stockings for your house?

Remember it can be anything you can dream up.

Lindsay takes custom orders and can make just about anything you are thinking.

I also love that her custom stockings don’t reflect a custom price.

$15 a stocking is such an amazing price to get just what you want.

You can contact Lindsay by sending her an email at lindsaydrobbins@gmail.com

Don’t forget to check out her Facebook page to see the other amazing things she makes:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dress-Me-Up-custom-onesies-leggings-and-more/292605100792676

Thank you Lindsay for creating just what I was hoping for.

So for now, we should enjoy October and the beautiful month it is but…

that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t start thinking about how we can add to the beauty of December.

I may even be looking forward to it because…

My stockings will be on my mantle.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Oooh I love the chevron ones. so cute! she is very talented

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Lindsay IS amazing! What cute stockings!

emilyacarver said...

Your sister is talented!

Amanda B said...

Oh I have worked out how to comment! Yay..

Unknown said...

October is one of the best months, I'd have to agree!!! My daughter was born in October too. I love that where I live its chilly in the evenings, cool to warm in the afternoons and mostly a sunny month. I can open up windows and breath in the fresh air. Its also when I begin to prepare for Christmas and all the holidays in between. Just love it all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails