Friday, September 21, 2012

Sister visit/Picture Story

As you know, my sisters came for a visit.  They came to celebrate the baptism of one special little lady.

Photobucket

  I am so excited to tell you all about it.

…But before I get to that, I have to share what a fun week we had.  I am thankful for sisters, cousins, and time to share with them.

While they were here, we just had to take advantage of some of the fun things PA has to offer.

Some of you may recognize a few of these photos from Instagram; if you follow me.

On that note: I am using my iphone more for photos.  It is so convenient, but not necessarily the quality that I love.  However, it captures the moment. And I love sharing life with you on Instagram. It’s like a quick way to blog.

Here is our week in pictures from my awesome camera, and my iphone:

Kids wake right up and get to playing.  Even though one little one didn’t get to my house until 3am.

080

We took the kids to the park to play and have lunch.

swings

I took the girls to Eastern Market; a fun farmers market that happens all year round.  It is open every Friday; I buy all my produce here.

iphone

My sisters agreed to watch our kiddos while Jonathan and I went to a concert.  Our second concert this week. We went to Luke Bryan just 3 days previous.

091 

The kids piled up on the couch and watched a movie while we were gone.  AWE!

IMG_1048

(taken with Lindsay’s iphone)

Back at the concert: Justin Moore, “If heaven wasn’t so far away.” This song was played during my Grandpa’s funeral video.  Miss you Grandpa.

112

One of my favorites: Eric Church. Springsteen. “Funny how a melody sounds like a memory.” I love how music can recall a memory.

124

..and always a beautiful sight when the audience pulls out their cell phones.

129

Thanks again Kristin and Lindsay.  It was so nice to get away and know our kids were being loved on by their aunties.

Saturday, it was the whoopie pie festival.

Strasburg and whoopie pie festival-1607

Complete with a whoopie pie launch, and YES!! those are real whoopie pies that they are launching. Oh, and that guy… yes… he is MY husband.  Isn’t he Hunky?

strasburg and whoppie pie festival

157 flavors of whoopie pies to choose from.

Strasburg and whoopie pie festival-1605

We bought a few to try.

Strasburg and whoopie pie festival-1638

Strasburg; which is Amish country.

strasburg and whoppie pie festival-001

Old time Icecream shoppe…

Strasburg and whoopie pie festival-1626

…when a Amish buggy pulled up.

We enjoyed icecream…

strasburg and whoppie pie festival-002

…Luke slept in the car.

130

Then we toured Amish country. This is one of their schoolhouses.

IMG_1050

(taken with Kristin’s phone)

Another concert. This time Jonathan watched the kids, and I went with my sisters. Yes! I am a concert junkie.

Lauren alaina

A little Lauren Alaina? She was great. This is my third time seeing her this year. I loved it. We had a great time and even enjoyed sharing a red velvet funnel cake. Love my sisters.

Paulos farm; which had fun FREE things for the kids to do.

edits19

They loved feeding the animals.

Paulos Farm-1705

I was dead set on feeding a  baby goat that was being bullied by a bigger goat.

Paulos Farm-1708

I finally succeeded.

Paulos farm

The kids just really enjoyed being together

Paulos Farm-1781

….and I think that is what it is all about.

Sweet Frog frozen yogurt for FHE.  Everyone loves this place.

146

Oh, and the FROG in Sweet Frog stands for; fully rely on God.  Love it!

We also did a little Christmas shopping.  I am so excited about what I found. Plus, I really love shopping with my sisters.  It is what I miss most about being away from them.  We all love a good deal.

It was a great weekend.

Thanks Kristin and Lindsay for sharing the week with us. The only thing I wish I had a picture of; a picture of the 3 of us together.

Coming soon:

Stella’s baptism.

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a fun week, nothing beats time with sisters! I'm loving instagram too, I think the key to good pix with the iPhone is to get as close as you can with good lighting. don't take pix in instagram as the quality isn't as good as when you just take it with camera then load it into instagram. I love the Amish pix, we saw a little Amish things. Miss you!!

maryn said...

Next time you are in strasburg, you need to take your boys to the choo choo barn and the strasburg railroad. My boys grew up going there every summer on our way to visit their great grandparents. So fun!

katie@tulsadetails said...

What a fun sister visit! Looks like you guys had a blast!'

Michelle said...

How fun! We loved living in Amish/Mennonite country. It's neat to see you enjoying it. So glad your sisters could come for Stella's baptism - that is awesome.

Related Posts with Thumbnails