Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dreams do come true.

I had pushed the dream of my kids learning to play the piano out of my head.

We are a family of traveling gypsies.

We have moved so many times in the last ten years, and moving a piano isn’t fun.

Not to mention, we couldn’t really afford one.

I have included a piano in my prayers over the last few years.

Knowing that the sacrifice of moving one would be worth it.

Soon after we arrived in PA, my dream of a piano resting it’s legs on my floor came true.

Photobucket

The dream of listening to my kids play the keys came true.

Photobucket

Jonathan’s co-worker had a piano she wasn’t in need of, so she gave it to us for FREE.

The kids started piano lessons this week.

Photobucket

I am actually hearing them play music; and it is music to my ears.

I am a big believer that God doesn’t just bless us with things we need, but also with things we want.

God is good.

I am thankful for my blessings.

I am grateful God helps my dreams come true.

14 comments:

April said...

It is so true that if you pray and ask God for something (anything) He will answer your prayer. It may not be in your time but it is always in His time. So glad you got to see a dream and prayer come true.

julie said...

That's a wonderful gift for you all to enjoy, so very pleased your prayers were answered. I've always wanted to play myself, but it's so expensive in England, especially here in the South near London. Enjoy

julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
happy_wife said...

God IS good!! And He is so faithful!!! Can't wait to hear what your sweet kiddos will be playing!

Jane

Unknown said...

that is so awesome, what a blessing! i too would love for my children to play someday.

Carrie said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony of his blessings!

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Becky said...

JEALOUS!!

Patty Ward said...

beautiful testimony. i agree.

Patty Ward said...

beautiful testimony. i agree.

ChicChat said...

That is so sweet. I also believe God gives us things we want as well, and I love when it is People that help with God's plan!

Emily said...

This is such a sweet post. How wonderful that you got a piano and for free! God is good isn't he?

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing testimony of prayer!

Rogerson's said...

3 kids in lessons and we still use a keyboard :) One day it will be a real one... until then at least lessons are free

Michelle said...

Yay!! I'm so glad this finally happened for you!! It is definitely a good time for it -- none of your kids is "too young" to do as great as they want to do with it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails