Thursday, August 30, 2012

Turning Five…

I turned five last week.  It was a great day.

Photobucket

I went to bed worried that it would be a bad day.

I went to bed with the worst sore throat, the day before I turned five.  I had a fever all day.

I also got a black eye from running in to my sister, a few day before.

My mom says to stop running around the house.

I was in bad shape.

Photobucket

but, when I woke up on my birthday my fever was gone and my throat felt a little better.

I woke up to a booby trap.  My mom had booby trapped me in my room.

I thought that was so funny.

Photobucket

I also had a nice note on the door, written on sticky notes.

Photobucket

For breakfast, I wanted cake batter waffles.

Photobucket

I still didn’t feel like eating, but I pretended for my mom.

Photobucket

Tess liked the cake batter waffles.

Photobucket

When I came downstairs, the room was filled with balloons.

Photobucket

Each balloon had a letter.  Jex helped me figure out what they spelled.

Photobucket

They said, “pop me.”

Photobucket

So I used a pin, and popped all five balloons.

Each one had a dollar in it.  Five dollars for five years old.

Photobucket

I laughed and laughed.

I also love seeing all the decorations just for me all over the house.

Photobucket

And then my mom let me….

Photobucket

…open a gift.

Photobucket

I think she knew I would play with it all day.

Photobucket

Jex helped me put the lego set together.

Photobucket

…and all I wanted to do was play.

Photobucket

My mom did make me take a few pictures.

Photobucket

She said, “you can take a few with your cars.” I wanted to have Jex in them, because he helped me build them.

Photobucket

She keeps saying, “I can’t believe your five, you were just my baby like five minutes ago .”

DSC_1839-1

I like being five.

I didn’t feel like eating lunch, so my mom took me to get a milkshake.

Photobucket 

(taken with mommy’s iphone)

That was a yummy lunch. Did you notice my black eye?

Photobucket

…and we played some more.

In the evening, we had to go to the school to meet my teacher.

Photobucket

It was fun to see my classroom, and meet my new teacher on my birthday.

It happened to be right during the time that we should be having my special birthday dinner.

My mom new it would be too late when we were finished, so I picked a special place to eat instead of a special meal to have at home.

Photobucket

I picked chick-fil-a.  Yum!! I actually felt like eating.  My throat was feeling much better, thanks to the special medicine daddy called in for me.

Thanks dad!!

After dinner, we went home and opened a few more gifts.

Photobucket

I like presents.

Then it was time for cake.

Photobucket

I wanted a blue dragon cake. 

I like the way it turned out, my mom worked really hard on this.

I helped by putting the candles in, and then I made a wish.

Photobucket

It was a great day.

  Photobucket

It was fun to be the birthday boy, and get extra hugs and…

Photobucket

kisses.

We love you Isaac!!

Photobucket

Happy Birthday!!

“I still can’t believe you are five, you were just my baby like five minutes ago.”

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a handsome boy! I love all the decorations and especially the balloons! (I may steal that idea for my 8 year old) ;) It looks like he had a fabulous birthday!!

Tiffani
http://thoughtsfromtiffani.blogspot.com

JW said...

Happy birthday buddy! Can't wait to see what you got for your birthday when I come to visit. Glad you are feeling better. I want to hear all about your new school, ok?

happy_wife said...

What a doll! I mean, what a grown up young man! :) And I'm in love with all your family traditions. What special memories you are making with your lucky children!!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun birthday! We missed celebrating with Isaac at his "non" parties :) Happy birthday from Kaylee & Matthew!

Leslie Posey said...

wow did you notice his gorgous eyelashes in the last pic!??
Happy bday Isaac!! We miss you tons! we hope you had a great bday and that you feel better soon!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

You do such wonderful birthdays for your kids! And they are all beautiful! They are going to have such great memories as they grow up!

julie said...

What a cute little man, he is adorable. And what a fabulous b'day, great idea with the balloons too

Lorinda said...

Yeah Isaac! I'm sorry you were sick on your day. love you! Are there lots of mosquitos there? Jex and Isaac look like they have bites on their legs...or maybe just bruises from being active boys :)

Bailey said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! He is such a cutie! Great job on the cake, I love it!

Bailey said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! He is such a cutie! Great job on the cake, I love it!

Michelle said...

My favorite photo is the one of the birthday boy with both his parents. His smile is PRICELESS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails