Wednesday, April 18, 2012

House Tour {Boys Room}

I think it is finally time to finish up this house tour.  My purpose in sharing this was so that I could remember this house that I love. I am thankful that I took pictures of each room. I am so glad that I did this because now my house just doesn’t look the same.  I have taken everything off the walls, and my garage is full of boxes.  It is so sad to see all your hard work taken down in just a matter of a few days. 

My brain has already started thinking about how things will go up in the new house.  The crazy thing about that is I have never even seen the new house.  I have only seen it in pictures.  We will be renting because we will only be there for a year.  We were lucky to stumble upon a new home to rent; which is another blessing from heaven.

so… I think it is time to wrap up this house tour.  It is time to have it all documented, and I guess it is time to move on. 

The Boys Room:

Photobucket

We bought these bunk beds when we lived in Utah, at Shopko.  They were pine; but when I moved the boys together I painted them black. 

Photobucket

I recently found these comforters.  I have been on the hunt for the perfect ones for almost a year.  I love these.  They are perfect for their room.  I love how they go with the orange sheets, and the dust ruffle that I found at the thrift store that is perfect for the bed.

Photobucket

I also love this quote.  It is from the “Winnie the Pooh.”

The picture above shows the bed without the new comforters.  Some of these pictures were taken at different times.

Photobucket

I included the main words from the quote on these metal boxes.  My dad made these for me several years ago out of sheet metal.  I painted them orange.  When you paint sheet metal, you must treat them with vinegar first.

Photobucket

My favorite part of this room is the photo collage.  The B is for brothers.  I used pictures of the boys, and some old vintage pictures of trains that I picked up at a flea market.

I have used old metal vehicles as accessories all over the room.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The book shelf is so helpful in their room because Jex reads so much.  I can hardly keep him in books.

Photobucket 

I also store some of their toys here in these nice baskets that I picked up at IKEA.

Photobucket

Speaking of reading; I made this book holder for Jex.  I folded the fabric up to make a pocket and then I sewed it twice to make three compartments.  It is so helpful because he has 5-10 books on his bed at anytime. There are usually some even hidden under his pillow; as you can see from this picture. This is a great place to store them.

I used orange burlap for this.  I added ribbon to tie it to the bed.

  Photobucket

I also used the orange burlap to make a simple curtain.  A nice brother banner made out of a map is the finishing touch.

Photobucket

This little corner is fun.  Jex can be found reading here a lot.  Sometimes he even reads here at night with a head lamp.  I found this great bean bag at our local thrift store.  It was the perfect color.

Photobucket

I also found the globe at the thrift store.  I love the color it brings to the room.

Photobucket

This is the boys chalkboard.  It is home to a few pictures, and notes from Stella.  I also write notes to them here.  It is a fun place to say, “I love you”, or play an on-going game of tic tac toe.

Photobucket

This fun addition above the closet was a neat find at a flea market.  I picked it up for $3 and painted it orange.

Photobucket 

Speaking of closets, this room has a great closet.  I love how big my closets in this house are.  I will really miss that.

Photobucket 

At the foot of their bed sits this really neat red trunk.  We keep toys in it, and the boys play on it.  It has come in very handy.  I also bought it at a flea market for $10.  It was a steal.

Photobucket

What I love about this space:

1.  I love the colors. I love how masculine it feels.  I love that it isn’t babyish so it suits my 9 year old and 4 year old.

2.  I love that I didn’t just walk into some home store and buy up a collection.  I pieced together items that I love to make it my own style.  I love how it all came together.

3.  I love that my boys love to spend time in here.

Thanks for touring our boy’s room.

12 comments:

Letti said...

I love this room. I love that you used trains in it. I am thinking I might do this in Cole's room. I have never used trains as decoration but since my hubby is a train engineer I think it would fit perfectly.

PS Can you tell us all the paint colors in the rooms.

Jaron said...

It will be so in a few years to look back at this house tour. You are one organized woman to be able to take pictures of the inside of her closets! Can't wait to see pics of your trip back to Saba. I think I'm almost as excited for you as you must be. ;-)

Krysta said...

Cute as always! The comforters are perfect. Great find! I am going to miss your house. You will be so glad you documented every space.

KW said...

I love this room. It is such a great mix of colors and themes.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the paint color on the walls! What color is that? I'm a big fan of keeping kids rooms very non-babyish to allow it to grow with them.
I can't get over how you hang shorts and pants! ;) You are brave to show a pic of the inside of the closet.
Lucky little boys!

tina nealis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Great quote but you mispelled it! Than not then.

http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.226963652.jpg

Stella said...

I love every single piece of your house tour and I can hardly wait to see pictures of the new house. Moving is a LOT of work and you are doing great. And between organising and packing you are a great mum. Never ever have doubts about yourself; you are doing a terrific job in a wonderful way!

Stella said...

I love every single piece of your house tour and I can hardly wait to see pictures of the new house. Moving is a LOT of work and you are doing great. And between organising and packing you are a great mum. Never ever have doubts about yourself; you are doing a terrific job in a wonderful way!

julie said...

I love your house tour. You have such artistic flare. The colours of your home are so inviting, you have done a great job. Thank you so much for always giving the rest of us the inspiration and brilliant ideas to have a go too. Very best of wishes go to you and your family.....good luck with the move:)x

Andi of My Beautiful Adventures said...

My goodness this room is awesome!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

the boys have a totally fun room! some great ideas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails