Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Birthday Gifts Week {Fort Kit}

This is a fun gift that I just had to try out.  I have had a really hard time coming up with something great for boys.  I had seen this idea on pinterest, and I just had to make my own take on it.

The Fort Kit

Fort Kit cr-2

This was so simple to make, I found the sheet already in the bag at Target.  Even better, it was on clearance for $4.

I cut out a red A for child’s first name and added it to the front of the bag.  I used spray adhesive to make it stick.  If I would have had more time, I think I would have stitched it on. 

I was able to re-fold the sheet and add the rest of the goodies to the bag.

Then I made a tag to attach to the bag.

Fort Kit cr-1

Kit includes:

One flat sheet

A flashlight

Big clips

A rope

and some treats to hide out and eat

I found everything except the sheet at the dollar store.

I was hoping that this gift would be well received.  I think the gift was a hit when just an hour later I got this text:

“They love the fort.  Thanks so much for a great gift.”

This picture was included with the text.

photo

I think it was a hit. 

My boys are begging for their own kit.

I am going to be stocking up on sheets for this gift.

What fun ideas do you have for boy’s gifts?

Don’t miss my other gift posts:

The Sleepover Kit

Favorite’s things gift

9 comments:

Heather L. said...

What a fabulous idea! I am going to pin this for sure. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lyndsey said...

What a cuuute idea!! I love it!! I bet any kid would die to get this - thanks for the cute idea!!

Eileen said...

That. Is adorable!

Courtney at Little Moments said...

Love this gift idea!! Thanks for the inspiration ;)

Mindy said...

Such a great idea! Love LOVE your blog~!

Krysta said...

This one is STILL on my list to do. Yours turned out so cute. I love how excited the boys were. So fun!

Jennifer said...

SO cute! What is the rope used for??

Jennifer said...

SO cute! What is the rope used for??

Jennifer said...

SO cute! What is the rope used for??

Related Posts with Thumbnails