Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Valentines Day Re-cap

We had a great Valentines Day.  It was a busy Valentine’s Day.  Mommy was really tired come mid-afternoon which didn’t leave a whole lot of love for my main squeeze.  I always thought this love holiday was about that man I love, but since the kids have been in school I have learned it has been mostly about them. 

To Jonathan: Next year I pledge to make it more about YOU!!

Here is a peak at what kept us so busy.

I wanted to show you how cute the treat ended up for Isaac’s Valentine.  You can read about those here.

Valentine's Day4

I think they are just so much fun, and perfect for 4 year olds.

We made these delicious cookies for their teachers.  I will share the recipe soon.

Valentines day

I started the morning by putting together a big Love lunch together for all the teachers at the kids school; Lasagna, homemade bread, salad and desserts.  It was a lot of work, but our teachers are worth it. I also have lots of great helpers.

After I got them all started, it was time to visit Isaac’s class for his party.

Valentine's Day

Thankfully it wasn’t my turn to plan this party.  I just got to sit and enjoy it with him.

Valentines day-11

He is the cutest preschooler, and he loves his teacher. She is wonderful.

Then it was back to the kid’s Elementary school to wrap up the lunch with the teachers.  The two little kids enjoyed a little lunch of their own with Jex in the lunchroom.

Then off to Stella’s Valentine’s party.

Valentine's Day1

They had yummy banana splits, and enjoyed opening their class valentines.

Valentine's Day2

Stella absolutely adores her teacher, Mrs. Blakely.  I am thankful for her too.

Valentines day-23

By this time, I was sure the little one would have a break-down because she was so tired.  She proved me wrong again, she is so good at rolling with the punches.  She also looked so adorable.

Valentines day-24

…and she just rolled right along as we went to Jex’s love bash. I am his homeroom mom, so I got to plan all the goodies for this one.

Valentine's Day3

Heart shaped Krispy Kremes(which were adorable, btw), and homemade strawberry lemonade.

I love hanging out with my awesome 3rd grader.

Valentines day-29

He loves hanging out with his great teacher, Miss Hartsfield.

When we got home, I crashed on the couch.  I was exhausted.

I was thankful the kids parties were all at different times. 

I am always grateful to spend time with them in their classrooms.

Luckily, I didn’t have to make dinner.  There was lasagna, bread and salad left from the teacher’s lunch.  That was a bonus, and it was the perfect Valentine’s dinner.

Jonathan got home from work late, but made sure to bring me the sweetest gift.

He is so thoughtful, and I totally failed. 

I put too much time in to the kids this year.

I will do better next year.

I still love my Valentine, and I am so grateful he chose me almost 13 years ago.

I love my whole family.  Love is wonderful thing.

I love Valentine’s Day.  I think it a beautiful holiday.

3 comments:

Becky said...

This post made me exhausted! :-) I'm sure your kids' teachers are all grateful! All the country concerts sound wonderful!! Glad you got to enjoy some before you leave the south.

KW said...

Whoa, what a crazy day. Luke isn't good with rolling with the punches, maybe it is first child syndrome so i am glad Tess is such a good girl in that regard.

Pam said...

Wow what a busy day! I remember life like that too! You are such a great mom! I think of all of you everyday and miss and love you all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails