Friday, October 7, 2011

House Tour {Family Room}

Are you ready to tour our living room?

lr 3 

This is the space you see when you walk into our home; so welcome.

Sometimes I feel so vulnerable when I share spaces in my house.

Living roomcr 

I am no means a decorator, nor do I have a huge budget to use on our house.

Living room 2 cr

I just try to do the best I can, and I enjoy putting rooms together.

Mirror

I think I enjoy it even more when I have a challenge.

Shelves

My challenge: is a lack of funds.

chair

I have always heard that you don’t have to be a decorator.  You just have to love your space.

Shelf

…and I do.  I love this space.

red frame

This is where my family gathers.

yellow shel f 2

This is where my kids play Legos.

yellow shelf

This is where we watch movies.

Yellow frame

This is where we snuggle on the couch.

pillows

This is where we have Family Home Evening, read scriptures, and have family prayer.

Magazine 2

I love this space.

chair

My top 3 favorite things about this room:

1. How bright it is.  I didn’t put blinds on any of the windows in our Living area.  I only put blinds in the bedrooms.  BEST decision I ever made. I have no regrets. I love natural light.

frame 2

2.  My old frame.  This is a window from the home my mom grew up in.  I used it as a frame.  I took it to a frame shop and they helped me with the mat and glass.  It is my favorite. Almost everyone asks about it when they come in.  I love a good conversation piece.

Mantle cr

3.  My fireplace.  It is the heart of our home, and I love changing the mantle for the different seasons.  I also love how it looks so symmetrical because it is flanked by two windows.

Mantle 2 cr

My new favorite in this room is:

Mantle 3 cr

The addition of the warm yellows and…

Owl 2

this owl.  You may notice I have lots of owls that have made their way into this room.

Mantle 4 cr 

Oh, how I love owls.

This room is my favorite because of the tall ceilings, and how it flows in to the rest of the house.

lr 2

It is also my favorite because it is called the Family Room, and there is nothing better then family.

12 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Your home is beautiful and you have such a great style! Love the fabric on your chair!!!

Colleen said...

I wouldn't feel vulnerable - your rooms are beautiful!! I am envious of how you put it all together and it just looks so nice! I love that frame. That must be a special thing to have.

Tara said...

Beautiful, Andrea! I know exactly what you mean about feeling vulnerable, but I'm so glad you are posting your house - it's so fun to see! And you do such a wonderful job making it lovely.

Stacy said...

Hey Andrea, I was at Dollar General and saw the black boas for $1 each... I thought about you and your multiple trips to Hob Lob, btw, I am cheap like that also, ha!

Anonymous said...

Your home is just beautiful! I love the tall red vase that you have in there... I have the exact same one in blue and it came from my grandmother who passed away a few years ago. ;) The window frame IS THE BEST!!!! -Jennifer in Texas

Krysta said...

I have always loved that room. It has such a cozy feel. You do such a great job on a budget. I think you do better that way BECAUSE of the challenge. You have always loved a good challenge! It gets your blood pumping.

Lorinda said...

You are TOO a decorator, you silly goose. I'm a decorator too, but am functioning in a non-decorator capacity:) Love the bats! Ivie made bats the other day so maybe they will fly up our wall too! Looks like a fun adventure with your folks. Wish I could have come! Love ya.

Marlos ACE said...

Love your house!!! you are also a very talented photographer!!

Anonymous said...

I love your house!! It is extremely similar to our house and we have a "for sale" sign in our yard. My mind is racing on how we can stay and utilize areas in the house. We need office space and I am seriously considering moving a wall back to make the same space you have for your office. (it is THAT similar) I would love to see a picture of your kitchen. I've been trying to find pics to give me ideas on how to change up the "bar" counter top area for better use with 3 kids. Thank you for sharing your home!!

Unknown said...

Great combinations of colors. Your home is so beautiful. Good job.
tool venture products

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home! Do you remember the paint color of this room?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home! Do you remember the paint color of this room?

Related Posts with Thumbnails