Friday, August 19, 2011

Seven

A few weeks ago this little cutie turned …

Seven 2

She is a big part of our family.  She is my little side kick and helper.

Stella 1

I can’t believe she is Seven.

We celebrated her birthday while we were in Utah.

Better yet, we celebrated while she was with all fifteen of her Swenson cousins at a reunion.

It was a little tricky to plan a birthday party away from my home, for 19 kids of all different ages, and in a house that I had never been to before.  It made decoration planning a little difficult because I didn’t know what to expect.

Stella was certain that she wanted blue and pinkish red for her colors.  I think that was a great choice.

Cake 2

We even dyed her cake blue and used  a strawberry cake mix for the other layer. I left the sides unfrosted so that the fun colors would show.   When I saw the strawberry paper, I knew that I had to incorporate it.

Cake 1

There are 31 flags on this cake.  Each family member wrote a word to describe Stella on the flag.  I love that this cake is all about her.  Some of the words are:

Cake 3

Graceful(several times) Grace is her middle name btw

Loving

Good Conversationalist

Helpful

Kind

Nurturing

Obedient

My Best Friend

Stella enjoyed having 31 people who love her to spend the day with.  After I made these for a baby shower, she requested them for her birthday.

cake in a jar

I made one for each grandchild.  Luckily my mother in law had lots of mason jars.  Stella was worried how we would get those on the plane with us to Utah.  I wish I had a picture of the grandkids eating them.  They were a hit; even with the older grandkids.

Cakes in a jar

I tried to make do with what they had at the home we stayed in.  I cleared off this not so sturdy bakers rack, and used it for her party fair.  Certainly not my favorite, but it worked.

party 2 DSC_0533

Stella’s favorite treat is white chocolate covered strawberries.  I just had to include them as a little treat.

SUckers  Strawberries

Stella made these suckers with the help of her Grandma.  Grandma Lorene made this cute little stand to display them in.

We worked hard and made it all before we went to the reunion.

happy birthday to you.

It was one beautiful chorus that sang “Happy Birthday to this sweet girl.”

Lighted Cake

It was a lot of fun watching all the grandkids pile around Stella while she opened her gifts. 

 

presents TOMS

Her biggest birthday wish was a pair of TOMS.  She thought it was so neat that she was buying a pair of shoes for someone else when she bought her own.

Grandma Lorene made her outfits for her American girl doll. She also made a pair of matching pajamas; one for Stella and one for the doll.  Note to self: take a picture of that.

Thanks to all who made Stella’s day a special one.

Kiss framed

I love you my special seven year old.

7 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

She is so beautiful! And her cake was just darling!

Brandi said...

She's sooo cute!! Love the cake, fab idea and adorable!! Little Mason jars...love!! What's in them???

KW said...

Happy birthday Stella Bean! Love you to pieces. I am so happy you were in Utah during your birthday.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Stella! What a treat to celebrate with family! It looks like it was a smashing success (and I'm very impressed that you did it all away from home - that's a lot of extra work! Way to go!)

Unknown said...

everything turned out cute, love the colors of the banner! Glad she had a good day with so much family!

Krysta said...

Happy late birthday Stella!

I love all of it! You did such a great job at making it special away from home...which I know is challenging. I love how her cake turned out! The flags with words from family personalized it perfectly.

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

What a beautiful party! She will never forget how fun it was to be with so many loved ones on her birthday...and her cake was gorgeous! Great job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails