Saturday, July 9, 2011

Celebrate

My good friend Dayna is having her first BABY GIRL, and that is reason to celebrate.

Celebrate copy

So I threw her a little shower.  It turned out so beautiful, and I had such a wonderful time planning it.  I couldn’t wait to share the details with you.

The food at a baby shower is the most important part.  I always love going to baby shower’s because the food always tastes so yummy.

Jars copy

Presentation always make the food look even better.  I decided to make the baby shower cake a little differently.

I heard threw the grapevine that Dayna was enjoying Rolo Mcflurries from McDonalds.  I decided to make Rolo Cupcakes.  I found the recipe here.  I altered it just a little bit.  I didn’t add the Ganache.  I added a dollop of hot fudge instead.  I also doubled the cake recipe so that I could bake them in these:

Jars 3 copy

Look how fun it is to have cake in a jar.  It was very simple.  I sprayed the jars with Pam spray, and then added 2 scoops of cupcake batter.  I baked them for 30 minutes at 350.

Cake in a jar 3 copy

I also baked one pan of mini muffins as well.  Once they cooled in the jar, I added a bit of the salted carmel frosting found with the Rolo cupcake recipe.  I did not have to double that recipe.  Then I added the mini muffin, and topped it with more frosting.

Cupcakes in a jar copy 

Another rolo(there is one inside the cupcake too), and hot fudge to top it off.

Rolo Cupcakes copy

Then my little Stella helped me screw the lids on.  I added a ribbon, a pink spoon, and a tag that says enjoy.

Cake in a jar copy

They were the perfect addition to the shower.  Some were eaten at the shower right out of the jar, and others were taken home to be eaten later.  I love how it turned out to be a little party favor.

Jar copy

Along with the cupcakes, I dipped some Oreos in white chocolate and added pink sprinkles.  It gives the table a nice bit of color and texture.  Plus, they were delicious.

Dipped Oreos copy 

I also made some ham and cheese croissants.  They were the perfect party food.

Ham and Cheese Roll copy 

They are so easy:

2 cans of croissants, deli ham, cheese, and butter.  Brush the croissants with butter, and roll up with ham & cheese inside. Bake following the package directions.  EASY, and delicious. 

I also did the same thing with a can of pizza dough.  I rolled it out; added the butter, ham and cheese.  I rolled it up like a jelly roll.  Then I cooked it, and sliced it into small rolls.

My friend Christy brought the fruit and dip.  Which is so great in the summer. 

Fruit copy 

When I throw a shower, I always ask friends to bring food as well.  I can never do it all.  I wish I had gotten a picture of my friend Michelle’s cookie dough truffles.  YUM!! I might have to ask her to guest post about that one day. She made them for my shower when I was pregnant with Tess.

I also enjoy using some of the dishes that I have been collecting.  Pretty dishes make such a statement. It is so much fun because I am storing them on my kitchen counters as decoration, and then I pull them off and use them.  I am starting to collect lots of cake plates, milk glass, and pretty bowls.  I have found most of them at flea markets and the good will.

Fork holder copy

One day I want to have collected enough dishes that I don’t have to buy paper goods.  I just want to use an eclectic collection of unique dishes.

For the decorations:

I made some pinwheels out of scrapbook paper.

Jars copy

I ruffled some streamers using my sewing machine; To hang, and to use as the table runner.

Poms and banners copy

I hung some pom-poms that I had made for a previous occasion, and a book chain that I made for Tessa’s birthday.

Pom Poms copy

The book chain went well with the frames that I hung behind the table.

frames copy

Aren’t they so cute.

I took some frames that I had in my attic, and painted them white.  Then I printed the words ROCK A BYE on white cardstock.  I used the font: porcelin.

Rock a bye copy

I ripped some more pages from a book, and added the words.  I used a brown inkpad to distress the edges of the paper.  Then I attached that to white cardstock and put it in the frames. A ribbon stapled to the back allowed me to hang them.

I love how it matches the book chain, and my book wreath.

Table 3 copy

It is also a great gift for the new mother to take home.

I also couldn’t help myself, and made one more print.  I attached it to a canvas that I had lying around.  I added some pink ribbon to the edges to complete the look.

Alphabet copy 

It says: J is for Jordyn.  Isn’t that the cutest name for a baby girl?  Dayna also took this home for Jordyn’s nursery.  Which is adorable by the way.

I love how it all came together.  I love planning parties, and having it all turn out so nicely.

Table 1 copy

The best part of a party is the feeling that you get when you have everyone in your home enjoying themselves.  It is worth the time and effort to enjoy being together, and celebrating the upcoming arrival of a sweet baby girl.

Congratulations Clayton and Dayna.

I am linking up to Just a Girl Show and Share.

21 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

So amazing!!! I would have loved to have been a guest at this shower and the favors look like they were beyond fabulous!!! You are so talented!

Candice said...

That is an amazing shower! Your friend is lucky! You're very talented!

Candice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said...

You are the Party Planning Queen! Do you hire out? Everything loves lovely and perfect.

Simply Domestic said...

Precious! I love desserts served in mason jars. Your friend is so blessed to have you in her life!

Unknown said...

that's beautiful Andrea! you did a great job! I love the idea of making something decor wise that the Mom can take home! I'll have to do that next time I plan a shower, it's such a great idea!

emily said...

What an awesome shower! I loved the rolo cupcake in a jar idea. Very clever!

All your details are superb!

Krysta said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!! Perfect in every way.

KW said...

Very cute! I saw that ABC print idea on pinterest and want to do it for the new baby girl coming. Too bad I can't decide on a name though. Everything turned out great, what a great hostess you are!

Stella said...

We don't have baby showers here in The Netherlands; we are going to visit the parents after the baby is born. But I wish we had.....I'm smitten with all your stunning projects. I already pinned your frames and the pom poms :) These are such brilliant ideas!!
I also have been digging :) in your blog for a pom pom tutorial ( couldn't find it would you please send me the link?)
I really think you've outdone yourself; how wonderful and lovely of you to do all this. I'm in awe.....

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow you did an amazing job with the food and decoration! Those rolo cakes in a jar are so cute with the spoons. All the food looks so good and everything is so pretty. I'm sure all the guests really enjoyed everything and I'm sure your friend was touched by how much thought and work you put into her shower.

Kathy@mishmashmom said...

Oooo! What a pretty party! I love the treats in a jar, the Rock A Bye artwork and the ruffle streamers. and your dishes. Nice work!

Cathy said...

You've upped the party expectations here in Benton! Sorry I had to miss. I wanted a cake in a jar.

Bailey said...

The shower turned out great!! And those cupcakes in a jar were so good!! I look forward to you making them again sometime! :)

Emily said...

Yum! Remind me to come to a shower you throw!

Unknown said...

It was a great shower, I am craving those cupcakes in the jar, they were so yummy :) everything was beautiful!

Letti said...

What a beautiful shower. I love the rock a bye sign. You are such a sweet friend :)

Lindsey Jensen said...

You are one of the most creative people I have ever met!! That shower turned out amazing and looks like so much fun!! Great job!!

loulabell21 said...

First of all ssssoooooo dang cute!!!! You are amazing!!! On the ABC print you said that you attached it it canvas.... How do you do that??? Thanks!!

Carolyn said...

I ran across your blog today and have so enjoyed looking at everything. Thanks for inspiring me. I love the alphabet print with the child's name. So beautiful. Your house is lovely too!

Unknown said...

About how many jar cupcakes did the recipe make?

Related Posts with Thumbnails