Thursday, May 5, 2011

{Easter Eggs}

Now that I finally have my Photography blog up and running(thank you for all your support, btw), and my Project 365 blog done; I can finally catch up on the happenings of J and A and Co.

I always feel overwhelmed Easter Weekend.  There are so many little Easter traditions, and for some reason I always felt like I had to cram them all in.  Last year, I told myself that I was not going to do that again and somehow; I actually remembered.

We started a new tradition, and set aside some time to color Easter Eggs after church the Sunday before Easter.  It made all the difference in the world.

eggs 

We were able to enjoy it.  The kids took their time because we didn’t have the tradition of egg finding to get to.  We were just able to take it easy.  They didn’t ever get wound up thinking about what we were going to do next.  Hyperactive children, and colored dye just don’t go well together.  I am proud to say it was one of our less stressful egg dying experiences. I didn’t even have to break out the stain remover this year.

kids eggs

Tessa even thought it was really fun.  She had no clue what we were doing, but she is always willing to go right along with her siblings.

stella eggs tess eggs

jex eggs ike eggs

This year I hard-boiled some eggs, and I blew the yolk out  of some.  We were able to save the eggs that were hollow, and we will use them in our decorating next year.  I think the kids will enjoy seeing them when I pull them out in 2012.

eggs 1  jex egg 1

mom egg with stellla

I hope you had a great Easter, and that you were able to uphold your family traditions.

green egg

{More Easter Pictures to come}

2011 Easter Egg Scrapbook Pages

Easter 1 copy

Easter 2 copy

1 comments:

Dave and Lindsay said...

Looks like lots of fun!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails