Thursday, April 14, 2011

Up To…

I have finally been catching up on my posts.  I am happy to have reconnected with my computer some.

I made a promise to myself last week that I was going to get back to the basics.  I have  settled in after a few crazy weeks, and feel like I finally have my life back.

What have I been up to?

This week my parents challenged me to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days.  I started with the goal Monday, and also challenged myself to 100 days of eating healthy and exercise.  I hope to improve my spiritual strength as well as my physical.

When those two things are in order I feel so much better.  It is almost as if the Lord gives me 5 more hours in my day; if I simply make time for him in mine.  This week has been wonderful.  I have felt more at peace and less rushed then I have in a long time.  … and I am happy which is always a good thing for me and everyone who lives in my house.

I have also made time for a few of my other favorite things.

A little Easter decorating:

easter decorations cr

I colored these eggs 8 years ago for Easter with my friend Elizabeth.  We blew out the yolk, cleaned them real good, and then colored them.  I have been able to keep them all this time. They are real eggs.  You can see the little holes in them where the yolk came out.  This was such a fun project, and I have loved being able to use them every year.   I miss you Eliza!!

eggs cr  eggs 2 cr

I bought more eggs yesterday, and I am going to do this with the kids.  I want to save them so they can see their eggs each year.

Easter 1 cr  jar cr

trellis 2 cr

Trellis 1 cr  shimmer cr

A little photography:

This is just a sneak peak.  I will share more of my favorites later.

picture vintage cr

Emma 1 cr

Maddox scale 2 bw cr

Some light reading:

The Trait

I have been reading so much lately.  I first read a book that my Sister In Law’s BFF wrote.  It is called The Trait.  I will write more about  it in a few days.  I want to review it a little.  So stay tuned for more about The Trait.  It was a great relaxing read.   It is the first of four in a series to come.  It reminded me very much of Twilight.  I love reading books that just shut down my mind for a while.  I don’t like to read anything that makes me think to hard.  The Trait was just that kind of book.  Very relaxing, but exciting all at the same time.  Great book, Kristie.  I can’t wait for number 2.

Then I read a book for book club which was so terrible and sad that I would never recommend it to anyone.  I won’t even share the title.  It was so dark and depressing.  I hate when I get engrossed in a book that I think is going to be a good read, and then it takes a turn right in the middle that leaves you wanting to know how it ends but also mad that you even want to continue on with it because it is such a horrible story. I was ready for a new book that I could enjoy.

Hunger games

I started The Hunger Games, and I am on book 3 already.  It is such a fun series.

I love reading so much, and would much rather be engrossed in a good book then watching television.

Of course there is always time for A little entertainment:

Especially when a cute guy in tight jeans is involved.

I was able to go to the Kenny Chesney concert with some girlfriends.Kenny

Picture taken on My IPhone.

 

We were nine rows up on the side of the stage.  Marji just kept walking to our seats, and I could not believe it.  I kept expecting her to stop, when we got to the ninth row I just wanted to SCREAM!! Well I did scream.  I did plenty of screaming, and singing, and dancing.  I even had to take my boots off because my feet started to hurt so bad. 

It was such a fun night.  A much needed night.  I enjoyed just hanging out with the girls.  I also loved every minute of Kenny’s performance.  He puts on a great show.

Speaking of boots…

Do you want to see my new boots? 

Boots 2

My sweet hubby bought me these.  While we were in Kansas we went to the boot store to return a pair that he had bought and get a different style.  We ended up with boots for me instead.  He is always making sacrifices.  I am in Love with them.  They are so fun to wear with Jeans.

Boots

Thanks hubby!!

Do Ya’ll feel like life just gets busier and busier?  I do.  I am trying to slow down a little and take it easy, but I also want to have some fun along the way. 

Balance is so important.  My challenge of reading the scriptures, and healthy living is really helping me keep every thing else in check.

…and that is what I have been up to.  A little random, but I am random.

What have you been up to these days?

8 comments:

KW said...

I started the 100day challenge on Monday too. I LOVED the Hunger Games series. So much that I bought the whole series for mom to read, I don't think she got around to it yet. I am jealous about the Kenny concert. Jared got me tickets for Stadium of Fire with Brad Paisley and I am so excited. Oh and did you hear the best news? KOA is BACK!!!
I love the boots too, I need a pair like that.

Krysta said...

Wow! Way to go on getting your blog caught up. I loved all of your posts. I'm glad you are back into a routine and happy. It makes such a huge difference! Your boots are the cutest thing ever! Love them.

Unknown said...

i feel so bad you read that whole book...i haven't finished it but want to know what happens even though I don't like the characters...the new choice is much better! at least you have the hunger games books to cleanse your mind :) I'm so glad you went to Kenny with us, next time I'll go to Jason with you :)

Simply Domestic said...

There is so much to comment on.:) It is so true, when we make time for the Lord, our days have so much more peace. Love the Easter decorations. SO cute! I'm a huge Kenny fan, too. I love, love, LOVE your boots. I've been wanting a pair for a while now. I'm probably the only Texan without a pair!:)

Stella said...

You never cease to amaze me with your decorating and photographing skills. And your posts are always lovely to read! Good to hear that you are back in your routine. So do I :) March has been extremely busy and I am glad that life is getting normal again.
Enjoy your weekend!

ps love your boots!

Stephanie said...

Seriously you are amazing! I loved catching up on your posts. So jealous of your concert! And the boots are great. I've never thought I would want boots, but those look so cute on you! Love you!

Tara said...

Oh, Andrea - it's good to 'see' you again! While you were in KC, we were in AK! :) It's fun to see old friends on your blog. And your beautiful kids. And your cute boots. :)

Caitlin said...

Andrea,
What do you use to create your digital scrapbook pages? And who do you use to print?

After taking too long of a break from cut and paste scrappping I think I'm ready to join the digital club and catch up!

Thanks,
Caitlin

Related Posts with Thumbnails