Sunday, December 5, 2010

Home for the Holidays; the mantle

This is our 3rd Christmas in our house.  This year, I finally feel like I have everything just the way I want as far as my Christmas decorations go.

I love getting out all the Rubbermaid boxes and remembering what I have.  This year I really wanted to switch up my mantel.  I also put my tree in a new spot for the 3rd year in a row.  I am finally happy with it.

Christmas decorations are up for over a month.  They can either add to the magic or just frustrate you because they are in the way.  I am feeling the magic this year.

I am going to share the magic a little at a time.

I want to start with my mantle because I think it just might be my favorite.

This was my mantle last year:

Mantel

This is my mantle this year:

fireplace cr

I really wanted to keep it clean and white.  I was able to do it without spending much money.  I moved my clock and added a white window that I already had.  I painted the stars silver and hung them on the window.

Joy cr

I used my white plate stands and added white candles and balls.  I love how it adds different heights to my mantle.

mantle upclose cr

I added all my white and silver decorations.  It looks so clean and fresh.  I picked up this white set of carolers at a thrift store.  They make the mantle complete.

carolers cr

I really love it at night.

mantle at night 2 cr

With everything being white, the lights just brighten it up even more.  I love all the texture it adds.  Lights give it so much dimension.

mantle  at night cr

…and then the stockings add just the right amount of red.

stockings 1 cr

…and the finishing touch is a silver star ornament hanging with the stockings.

stockings cr

Thanks for looking.  I plan to share more of our magic over the next few days.

Don’t forget to check out 365 as I reflect on the holidays past and present for all 31 days in December.

6 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

It is stunning!!! I need you to come over and do mine :)!

Stephanie said...

I really love it! It is so peaceful and joyful. Can't wait to see the rest of your decorations!

Unknown said...

I love it!! It's so pretty!!

Krysta said...

I love it! It is my favorite too.

KW said...

Looks great! Now just keep up on your posts!

Anne said...

Love the decor...you are such an amazing interior decorator!! I have the exact rustic white window on my mantel too...love it!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails