Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ice Cream Party Details…

Saturday was a big day for our family.

We celebrated a birthday.

We like to make birthdays a big deal around our house.

It is tradition to spend as much quality time with each other, and make the birthday person feel so special.

We tried to do just that for Jonathan.

We had an ICECREAM PARTY.

Icecream Party CR

Jonathan loves ice cream.

This is what we did:

The kids made cupcakes in ice cream cones.  The older two did this all on there own.

OvenCR

We used a muffin tin to hold them up.

Only fill the cone up to the line or they will over flow.

Any old cake mix will do, and it will make 24.

Follow the cake instructions for temp and time.

Once they were done we frosted them to look like this:

cupcakesCR

We also made this nifty cake stand out of the cheap plastic wear from Wal-Mart.(it was on clearance)  We used some cheap glass plates to glue to the plastic cups we got at Wal-Mart.

Isaac cones

Next, Isaac was in charge of the cones.

We melted some chocolate chips.

He rolled the top in the melted chocolate….

It's a party

….then in some sprinkles.

We set them on wax paper to dry.

This is the result:

ConesCR

Next we prepared the toppings,  they were our favorite part.

We had a hard time not sneaking a taste while we chopped.

Using my Pampered Chef food chopper, we chopped up Twix and 3 Musketeers mint candy bars.

Some mini M&M’s, hot fudge and caramel rounded out our toppings.

When it was time, we laid out the spread.

Table CR copy

Don’t forget to buy good ice cream.

We like Homemade Vanilla by Blue Bell.

Hey when you don’t have time to make it homemade this will do it is just as good.

Break out some fun dishes to serve in, and neat bowls to hold your toppings.  I used my milk glass for the toppings.

Dishes really will make it feel more special.

EnjoyCR

We all dished up, and devoured. 

I think this was the best ice cream sundae ever.

The kids thought the cake in the cone was so neat.

It really added to the theme of our party, and it was something that they could make themselves.

Take the time to make the birthdays in your home special.  Include everyone to MAKE something spectacular for the ones you love. 

Remember that special doesn’t always mean a lot of money.

P.S.  Take the time to visit Project 365.  I finally updated after over a week.  Click on the photo to take you there.

i love photography

5 comments:

Krysta said...

That looks like the best ice cream party ever! I love your photos. They look so good. Isaac looks so cute, like he's concentrating so hard on what he's doing.

For Every Occasion said...

I love that you included your kids in the party prep! Fun party! I wish we had Blue Bell in Utah.

The Dooley Family said...

I had no idea an ice cream cone could hold up in an oven! I figured it'd get all soggy or something--I LOVE it!! How fun! And I love all the toppings! I'll definitely have to remember the ice cream cone/cupcake trick! :o)

katie@tulsadetails said...

Love, love, love! You did such an awesome job and I the cupcakes look like something I could actually do. I am going to have to steal this idea! Great job!

Val said...

I love this!! These are a favorite in our house. I love your blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails