Sunday, June 27, 2010

It has certainly been a while…

…since I posted a home project.

This one has been in the works for quite some time.

It has been on my to-do list for over 6 months.

The problems:

1.  I really needed my husbands help to get it hung, and he hasn’t had a free minute.

2.  I needed more money to be able to complete the second part.

You see.

We have a kitchen bar that I really wanted bar stools at.  Those are so expensive.

Along with the bar stools, I wanted my own little version of one of these, hanging above the bar:

img35l

img17l

I spotted this rustic ladder in Pottery Barn at Christmas time last year and fell in love.  The one I saw was different from this.  It hung over a festive dining table, and was beautiful.

Not long after I fell in love with the ladder, I found a beat up old trellis at an Antique shop and knew that it was exactly how I wanted to recreate it.

So my hubby surprised me one day, and helped to cross one thing of my honey-do list.

Faded Trellis

I loved it, but I was not prepared to hang items from it.  That is why it has taken me so long to post it.  I have been playing with it for a month.  Now, it is perfect.  It was on my list, but I hadn’t quite figured out what I was doing with it.

The one I saw in PB had these amazing green balls hanging from it.  I snatched up some of those earlier in the year.  I was prepared with that, but what else?

Trellis side view

I thought I might do some sort of lights. 

I tried them for a few weeks, but the cords began to bug me.

My kids loved them.

Greenery is just to much right not, but I plan to use some at Christmas, and will add lights then.

I knew I wanted some fun lanterns, but they could not be to heavy or expensive.

Then I found these.  I love them.

Trellis Red Lantern

Just what I was looking for.

Trellis Orange Lantern

After Jonathan got it hung, I wanted bar stools more then ever.  I knew that I would have to save my dough.

The day after he hung the “chandelier", I ran in to these little beauties at a thrift store.  I knew that I had to have them.

Stools

I have noticed in home decorating magazines that more and more people are using unique metal framed bar stools. 

I knew that these would be the perfect addition.

Trellis 1

Plus, they were the right price.  $10.00 for both.

I am so glad that I did not just buy the run of the mill bar stools.

Trellis with stools

They are a big conversation piece, and very unique.

We have enjoyed using them.

I love looking over my bar, and seeing this great shabby chandelier. It makes the space so much more lively.

Projects

As for home projects, I think I am done.  No more on my list; FOR NOW.

I have to cross scrapbooks off my list.  I really need to sit down and create those.

I am leaving you with a little view of my entry way.  I added just a few Holiday touches. 

I love the fourth of July.

God Bless America

America is such an amazing place to live.

Land that I Love..

After living out of the country, I can truly say that we are so blessed.

6 comments:

Krysta said...

I really, really like how it turned out. Your pictures are so bright and crisp too. I like it without the lights. It's just a clean fresh look. Your bar stools go perfect.

Your bar is officially in business. How is that treating you???

Anonymous said...

It looks great Andrea!!

KW said...

I wish we had thrift stores like you do out there. There is nothing but crap at ours. I am so disappointed every time I go.
The place looks great!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Love, love, love!!! I wish my hubby was this handy! It looks awesome! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I think that you are amazing! You are so talented and great with your kids! You inspire me to be a better mom. And lastly congrats on loosing the 15lbs, it takes alot of self control!

Kristi

Tara said...

We had those bar stools in our built-in-the-70's-with-mustard-yellow-counter-tops house when I was 10! Trip down memory lane - some pieces are just classic. :) I love how you personalize every inch of your home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails