Saturday, May 29, 2010

Alphabet Activities for 2010

Here is my list.  This is what we will do for Alphabet summer.

It has taken some time and thought, but I have it all ready to go.

I feel prepared for each activity, and plan to follow through with each and every one.  I hope to document it this summer... so stay tuned.

A: American Indians;study them and make a head dress

B: Bike wash,and bike ride

C: Cupcakes, and play at the Church of Rock Creek(local indoor playground)

D: Dinosaur dig; installing our new sand box

E: Everything for lunch; have whatever you want for lunch including junk

F: Fountains; play at the downtown spray park

G: Grandparents Day; color and make something to mail to our grandparents

H: Scavenger Hunt

I: Indoor Smores, Indoor Campout and Insects; make a sugar rub to attract moths and watch them at night with flashlights

J: Jellyfish; off to the library to read about jellyfish and make a craft

K: Kitchen wash; wash their dishes in lots of bubbles

L: Lollipops; homemade

M: mixes; make a whole bunch of ready-made mixes(cookies and brownies)

N: Nature walk; make molds with plaster of paris of tracks that we discover

O: Obstacle Course

P: Play dough and Popsicles(homemade)

Q: Quilt;make it out of felt and glue on paper

R: Recipe; learn to follow one

S: Stitches and Sno cones; make a stitch of their name and make a pillow out of it

T: Teeth; study about teeth, and use eggs to show what cola, juice and milk do to our teeth

U: Picture walk; take pictures of items that look like a U

V: Vegetables; plant a small container garden

W: Waterslide; set the pool up at the bottom of our slide

X: XXX(kisses) send  Hershey kisses to someone in our family

Y: Yellow craft

Z: Zippers; count the clothes with zippers in our house.  Who has the most and graph them.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

This sounds like fun... I almost wish I could join you..

Tara said...

What a great list - thanks for sharing all your fantastic ideas, Andrea - I'm hoping we can squeeze a little fun inbetween the crazy and try some of these out! :)

Ashlee said...

Sounds like fun! I'd love to try some of these with Gid this summer. Do you have list from your years past?! Thanks!

Krysta said...

Sounds like fun. I wish we were closer to do some of them together.

Darlene said...

Great ideas!! Let me know when you go to Church of Rock Creek and the downtown splash park...it'd be fun if we could go together :). I've been wanting to try out that park since it's new. (darlenepowell@gmail.com)

Andrea said...

This is such a great idea!! I've been wanting to work on the alphabet more with my 2 year old and I love the idea of incorporating lots of activities for hands on learning. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails