Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Putting myself out there.

Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes... you may think to yourself; I don't think so, but... I do:

Hold back.

Sometimes, I get nervous to put myself out there.  To meet new people, to shake a new hand at church.  To say, "Hi, I am Andrea, and I am a dork, but it is nice to meet you.

Today, I am doing just that.  Blogging has allowed me the opportunity to make new friends.  So... to all those friends I don't know, I am joining the "Dishing it" party over at Serenity Now.

image

She wants us to dish about our blogs.  Here is the scoop:

I am Andrea Swenson.  I am a dork, and a little quirky.

CIMG3779 

I have been blogging for a little over 2 years.  I started blogging because I live so far away from my family.  It was a way to share photos, video and funny one-liners from the rug rats.

Our blog was first called The Swenson Family 5. 

Blog header extended

Just before Baby #4(which would make us 6) was born I changed the title.  It is now called, J & A and Co.

J an A and Co.

The reason being, both our families have shortened our names to J & A.  I thought it only fitting to add the Co., because we are so much more then J & A now.

I blog about what is important to me.  I share about my

family like I have from the beginning.  This is the main

purpose I started blogging.  This will remain my purpose always. 

4x6 baby makes six

I add in a recipe, tip or idea every now and again.  I also "try" to post about something I have learned every Thursday.  Stay tuned for tomorrow.

If I had to choose a famous person to read my blog, it would have to be: Pioneer Woman.  I have recently fell in love with her style, her ideas and her family values.(she's famous right? she was recently on the View)

I hope you enjoyed the dish. 

I hope I get to make a few new friends.

Go on over and link up.  Dish yourself.  Put yourself out there.  Don't hold back.

You never know, you just might make a new friend.

 

7 comments:

Southerner said...

Visiting from the party. Love your style of photography, you have a gift! Looking forward to looking around your blog more. I have the number seven in our blog, but that was only after a snippy-snippy. What a blessing to have to change your blog title for THAT reason!

Andrea said...

Hi Andrea...I'm Andrea and married to a "J" also, although we only have three daughters and no plans for more :)
Visiting from Amanda's...love what I see on your blog, I'm going to look around a bit more :)

Ashley Allen said...

Hi! I LOVE your photos and you do not look like a dork at all! So cute! And I definitely know what you mean, especially when you compare to shaking hands at church. I think it's so awkward for me even though I'm fairly outgoing. Well nice to meet you! Please come visit sometime!!

claudie said...

Nice to meet you Andrea. I'm Claudie from Canada. I'm not shy at all, opposite to you I suppose. I have been stalking lol your blog for a few months now. I LOVE IT. You have your own unique style, and I like it. So here I am introducing myself to you.
I've just returned from visiting some amazing friends down South that I met blogging. My BFF and I traveled in my hubby's big Ford truck over 3,000 miles. What an adventure! Now that is friendship.
You are beautiful.
Love Claudie
xoxoxo

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Andrea! It's always fun to meet a fellow dork. ;) Your digital scrapbooking is gorgeous! I've used Scrapblog for some old blog related stuff, but I think I need to practice more. So nice to *meet* you! Thanks so much for linking up with me at the party. I hope you're having fun "mingling." ;)

Krysta said...

I just checked out her blog. That seems like a fun linky party to join. Good job!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What beautiful pictues - I'm loving this blog party! Thanks, it was nice coming over here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails