Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cool Refreshing Treat.

My husband loves cold treats.  Ice cream, sno-cones, slushys, popcicles;  if it is cold he will enjoy every bite.  I think he once ate an entire box of otter-pops in one day.

...so I made this treat just for him.

Lime Slushy

2pkgs.(3 oz. each) lime gelatin (I used sugar free)

2 C. Boiling water

2 C. cold water

2 quarts lime sherbert

Sprite, 7up or Gingerale

In a large container, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.  Stir in the cold water and sherbet until combined.  Freeze for 4 hours or until set.

Remove from the freezer and allow to stand for 45 minutes, or shave it with a spoon or knife.  Add it to a glass and pour soda over the top.

YUMMY!!

My adorable Hubby was in Heaven.(so were the kids)

loving father

1 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds perfect for summer!!! Love your header, and your children are just darling.

I would love for you to follow me at Larsenloves.blogspot.com
or my craft blog craftomaniac.blogspot.com

Have a great night, Jenn

Related Posts with Thumbnails