Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meet our Children

This year for Christmas, I got a new lens for my camera.

I got a new camera last June when ours died.  (it has decided to work again)

I am glad it died for a short time. That gave me an excuse to buy my dream camera. It has allowed me to find something that I love.

Now that the baby is here, and my brain is working again....

I am doing lots of work trying to figure out my new camera. 

I am doing lots of reading, and gathering knowledge from all four corners of the internet.

I have been learning so much.

My new lens just came in the mail... and I couldn't wait to try it out.

Yesterday was a day of practice for me.

Finally putting to work the knowledge that I have been collecting.

Here is what came of it...

You must meet our kids.  You see they are the only subjects that I have to practice on.kids copy

We have four beautiful children.  I can't believe that we are a family of 6. 

It struck me as a pretty big thing when I realized that we don't fit in just any vehicle, and we take up an entire pew at church.

This is Jex.  He is Seven Years Old.

Jex lookig down

He is our loving, helpful, sensitive, and patient child.

Jex thumbs up

He is also pretty RAD if I do say so myself.

This is Stella.  She is five.

Stella laying on her side

She is our inventive, talkative, shy, snuggly child.

Stella Blur

She is also adorable, if I do say so myself.

This is Isaac.  He is two.

isaac smile

He is spirited, silly, loveable, and crazy.

Isaac reaching for light ttv

He has the most beautiful eyes, if I do say so myself.

This is Tessa.  She is 2 1/2 months.

Tessa Green FLower

She is all smiles, calm, patient, quiet, and very very kissable.

Tessa Tutu full length

She is the best baby if I do say so myself.

I just love my kids, and new hobbies.  I am thankful for something to take over my mind.  I hate thinking about the dreary winter.  I will push through and keep learning about this fun new hobby.

Now I just need some new subjects to practice on.

9 comments:

Krysta said...

I love them! You'll have to practice on my kids when we come. They are pretty cute too, if I do say so myself! :)

The Dooley Family said...

I love the new layout and header! It all looks so great! We miss your family so much and I can't tell you how jealous I am of your D90! That's my dream camera, too!!

Dave and Lindsay said...

So cute! I love all the new pictures! Where are they taken at? I don't remember you having a wall with that pretty design.

Alison Woods said...

You can use our kids as subjects - just move to CA! I need to get going on a photo shoot of my own, it just takes too much darn energy to do it! Have fun with the new lense!

Emily said...

YEAH for new camera gear! Great pics! Don't you just love trying out new equipment? ;)

KW said...

So cute! Is that a new funky fabric you just hung up somewhere? Get ready to take lots of pics of Luke when you come out here.

Darlene said...

Great pix! You did a great job. Kaitlyn was looking at them with me and when we got to the one of Tessa sitting in the chair, she asked me if Tessa was in "time out"...lol :). The kids are getting so big and are adorable!

Karin said...

I just totally copied you with your family silloute. I love it! I decided that I am just going to start copying everything you do since I always love it!(:

Jamie said...

You are a PRO! And you have amazing little subjects to practice on! My kids aren't so cooperative when it comes to photo shoots;) You really do have amazingly beautiful children!

Related Posts with Thumbnails