Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Spiritually in Tune.

Jex 8x10

Jex has always been so sensitive.  He is in tune to what is going on around him.  He has always been especially in tune with the spirit.

Last night for Family Home Evening it was his turn to share the lesson.  He recited from memory the Book of Mormon accounts from King Noah all the way to Helaman and the stripling warriors.

In his own simple language he taught me about things that I did not remember.

When he was finished, he bore testimony that he knows that God lives, and that he loves us.  He also stated that he knows the church is true, and feels warm inside when he feels the spirit.

Jonathan and I did not have a dry eye.  In fact Jex had a few tears.  I knew that he had been touched.

I am so thankful for the lessons that he teaches me.  I am grateful that our oldest child can be such a pillar of strength and example for the other kids.

I am amazed at his love for the scriptures.  I look forward to when he will be baptized.  It is just 10 months away.  I know that he is ready, and that he wants to become a member.  I know that the spirit has helped him feel that it is the right thing to do.

April 2008 083

I am grateful that we take the time to share our testimonies with one another inside our home.  I hope it will allow him to have the courage to share it with others.

1 comments:

The Dooley Family said...

How great is that!? What a blessing I love Jex and miss him so much! What a sweet boy! I hope my boys are like him! :o)

I had another quick question for you: what kind of camera do you have? I'm looking to get one in the future (not near future...just whenever a good deal comes my way) and I was wondering about yours! Your pictures always look so incredible!

Also, what software do you use to make the little designs on your pictures? Love it!!

My email address is mormon.boys.rock@gmail.com
Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails