Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Let your pumpkins do the work

spookify

Day 2:  Use real pumpkins to decorate with.  They last such a long time, and I believe them to be a beautiful work of art.

I sure wish I had room for my own pumpkin patch.

front of house

Pumpkins in pots make such a welcoming statement.  They can be left up all through the fall.

Pumpkins in pot 

Stella and I made these adorable little pots.  We spray painted some cheap pots from Walmart.  I found the stamp at the $ store, and we stamped away.  It was so easy to stack them in the pots.  By drilling a hole, and adding a wooden dowel it will secure them even better.

Pumpkins in vase

Put pumpkins anywhere you can find a place.  These small pumpkins will work just about anywhere.

Pumpkins on platter

Group them together to make a nice table centerpiece.

DSC_0280

Here are a few more ideas that were not created by me.  I just thought you might enjoy seeing the creative ideas that are out there.

6a010535855277970b0120a5af6559970c-800wi

www.parents.com

pumpkin holes

Imperfectly Beautiful

whitepumpkins-1

It's in the details

6a010535855277970b0120a6002753970c-800wi

orangepumpkins-1

It's in the Details

ss_101054523

www.parents.com

I hope you enjoy these ideas.  One more idea; if you love white pumpkins and don't want to pay for them.  Then go ahead and spray paint them.  A little spray paint never hurt anything.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails