Sunday, October 11, 2009

I must apologize...

for not posting Day 4 and 5.

We had a few setbacks.  I ended up spending a night in the hospital with more labor.  Unfortunately, I was a day from being full term so they sedated me.  I slept most of the weekend.DSC_0373

However, I am back.  I am dilated to a 4, and 50% effaced.  I guess it could happen anytime, it could also be 3 more weeks.

Well, here is what I missed posting.

spookify

Day 4: Embellish, and use what you have.

DSC_0308

I already had these pretty containers.  So I just added to them.

DSC_0300

Notice the white plate, it adds just a little detail.  Oh, and the black and white fabric makes a great new table runner.(no sewing involved)  I also had the ribbon, and tall vases.

DSC_0281

Had the cake plate, just changed the ribbon.

Then, I pulled out all the stops.  I got out the scrapbook supplies.

Added rub on lettering to the pumpkins, and ric-rac to the babies.

DSC_0298

Added some letters to an already existing frame on my wall.  Cut out of scrapbook paper.

DSC_0304

And a little more to a frame.

You can't forget this number that I made out scrapbook supplies that I had on hand.

Spooky

Take the time to see what you can change or add too.  Use what you have laying around.  I didn't buy any ribbon, paper, or containers for any of these Halloween projects.

Now on to day 5:

Group them together.

DSC_0280

Start with your centerpiece.  That will make you so happy.

DSC_0306

Group in odd numbers it is more pleasing to the eye.

DSC_0277

Don't forget your mantel.  It is the centerpiece of your room.  A few spooky cobwebs never hurt anything either.

DSC_0305

The entry way is another must.  It welcomes and sets the tone.

DSC_0288

Your doorway greets guest and makes them smile.

Now sit back and enjoy!!  You did this on a small budget.  Don't forget to shop Nov.1st for the deals for next year.

Oh, now you should enjoy a cookie.Isaac cookie

A Halloween Sugar cookie to be exact.

DSC_0388

Go here for the best Sour Cream Sugar cookie recipe ever.

2 comments:

Fords said...

I'm glad that everything is going okay for you! I'm even glad that she is baking a little bit longer...though you might not be:) Cute Halloween tips!

Lorinda said...

What I wouldn't give for one of your sugar cookies. Suppose I could make them myself, but yours always taste better. Probably because you put in all the butter is calls for...and maybe some more.

Love the decor! Hang in there and be grateful your legs are not covered in spider and varicose veins like mine. It is really bad this time! Love you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails