Monday, August 10, 2009

On Friday...

I turned 31 years old, and 28 weeks pregnant with our fourth child.

pregnant 4

.... is this where I expected to be at 31?

I don't really know what I expected, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Yes, of course, there are days when I think; "Is this really my life?" 

Another load of laundry

Time to do the dishes

Another floor full of crumbs to clean up

... and then one of them walks up to me and hugs me, or my husband says you look beautiful today.  That's when I realize that I didn't really expect any of this, and do I deserve to be so loved and blessed?

I thought it would be fun to share a few randoms about ME, since I never take the time to do that.

I am a Mother and Wife

I think in color schemes and fabric swatches

I know that we have a Latter-Day Prophet

I want my children to grow up knowing that they are loved

I have way to many things on my to do list

I wish there was more time in the day

I miss living in the Caribbean

I fear loosing a child

I feel overwhelmed

I hear my children laughing

I smell CHOCOLATE!! (wishful thinking)

I crave sugar cookies

I usually follow a routine

I search blogs for new creative ideas

I wonder if I am doing everything that I can to be a good person

I regret the way I behaved as a teenager

I love being creative

I care  about my kids appearances

I always try to do what is right

I worry about being on time

I am not selfless

I remember my childhood with fondness

I dance with my kids on a regular basis

I sing to just about anything, as loud as I can

I don't always put my laundry away

I argue with very few people

I write whatever pops in to my head, and not all that well

I win at hardly anything

I lose my car keys, and random things on a regular basis

I never go to bed with a messy house

I listen to the scriptures online

I don't understand politics

I can usually be found doing something for my kids, or the house

I am scared that I will make mistakes

I need lots of love and hugs and kisses

I forget just about everything these days (thank heavens for calendars)

I am happy  when I make a new friend

 

11 comments:

Michelle said...

This is one of my favorite posts you have done. It was neat to have a peek into your heart and brain.
Welcome to the 31 club! Happy Birthday! I am grateful you are my friend. See you soon. . . :)

Patty said...

Happy Birthday! Life is full of surprises and I think that's good. I like the quote, "Love what you have and you will have what you love."

Pam said...

Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love you!

Alison Woods said...

You sound a lot like me. I think you're wonderful and I've never actually "met" you before! :)

Sheffer's said...

That's kind of funny, Andrea. I'll most likely be in your position next summer when I turn 31! :) I like how you simplified yourself at this stage. It will be neat to look back at that and remember this time. I love the newly decorated rooms, by the way!

Kara said...

Happy LATE birthday! Hope it was a good one!

Tara said...

Oh, you make me miss you! :) Happy late birthday. You are beautiful in so many ways. I'm so glad I can call you my friend!

Stephanie said...

Ahh, my sweet friend! This was a wonderful post. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes because I love and miss you!

Fords said...

Happy Birthday:)

Krysta said...

That was a cute post. I'm glad you had a restful birthday and had time to do that!:)

Jerald and Lorene said...

We love you, Andrea for so many reasons but mostly just because you are you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails