Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How am I feeling?

That seems to be the question of the century.  Almost everyone that I talk to asks me, "How are you feeling?"

Well, I am happy to report that I am FINALLY feeling so much better.  I am about 22 weeks along, and just recently quit with the nausea.  This is the longest that I have had it by far.

After all of that, I have suffered from a bit of anxiety and depression.  Now, I must admit that some of that was brought on by the constant ache in my stomach.  I had an extreme amount of guilt for the tasks that I just didn't have the energy to complete.  I felt overwhelmingly tired, and constantly guilty.

After much prayer, and thought... I decided that it was time to ask for help.  The doctor was wonderful and suggested that I take something to suppress some of the anxiety that I was having. 

I am now taking a low dose of medication, and I feel like a new person.  I tell you this because it is so nice to know that people are real, and we all have real struggles. 

I have suffered through these feelings with the last 3 pregnancies.  I never asked for help before.  The sad thing is I am not the only one who suffers.  It is my family as well.  Once the pregnancy is over, I seem to be back to myself again.  Hopefully all the guilt and anxiety will be resolved when I hold that baby in my arms.

I am grateful for friends and a husband who encouraged me to ask for help.  It is amazing the difference. 

About the time that the medication kicked in, the awful taste in my mouth(which contributes to the nausea) all went away.  You can imagine what a great week I am having.

On top of it all, we went to Houston last week so see our dear friends(my best friend) the Moes's.

It is always such a wonderful experience for me.  I always come home a better person.  When I walk through the doors of there home, I feel like I am home again. 

Welcome Home

I feel so comfortable in their home.  While I was there, I felt my energy coming back.  I also felt my mood change. 

I watched Krysta and how she has triumphed through her pregnancy.  She is just 2 weeks ahead of me.  She has had some of the same struggles as I.  (we both realize that it is worse this time because we are busy mother's of 3)  She has not let it get her down, she is going strong.  It was a good reminder for me to pick myself up, and keep going.

"I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."

I also enjoy being there because along with the wonderful conversations, we take the time to teach each other something.  I taught her how to make this new bread that I am making, and she taught me how to work my camera.

I am starting to get it down.  I am still learning, but she gave me some great tips.  It will still take some practice.  Here are a few shots from the trip.

Airplanes

This time while we were there Jake and Jex seemed to be inseparable.  We laughed when we came home from a day of shopping and saw the planes lined up on the banisters like this.  I love watching my kids play as use their imaginations.Isaac and Drew

Isaac and Drew have a love hate relationship.  Drew likes to play with Isaac only when he is teaching him something.  He hates when Isaac gets in his way.  Isaac likes Drew only when he will play and share, and not when he is trying to teach him something.  You can see how it doesn't work out for them so well.  I bet they will be even better friends when Isaac gets one year older.  "Hey Drew I totally understand, it is hard when a little guy is constantly in your way."

Play

Stella and Kaylee enjoyed every second together.  Of course they were doing girl things, and since they don't have anyone at home to do those things with; they soaked up as much time as they could.

We had a great weekend.  I am so thankful for friends who are so close by that can help refresh our spirits.  I am so thankful to be on the mend, and past this hard trial.

So to all those who have asked.  I am doing better.  Thanks for asking.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could say I know what you are going through but I can not and I am so happy to hear that you are doing better. Keep your head up half over way there :)

The McClellan Clan said...

k this post totally means something different for me than for you, but the same common interest- pregnancy-
I am only 8 weeks pregnant and I have hard pregnancies. I started it out at 4 weeks with female issue and now at 8 weeks I've already started contractions. I've been having the hardest time. I feel depressed cause I honestly feel like maybe I should just get busy and cause me to loose it cause I'm so crazy. Its sad that my head is taking over. But after reading your so famous words"I never said it would be easy"- and hearing YOUR struggles it makes more sense! I know you probably didn't think you'd help someone out this way but you have.. I needed to hear it all or should I say read it all!! Thanks again!!

Krysta said...

I was pleasantly surprised to see this post! I loved looking at the pictures. I'm so glad you got those, since I didn't get any (except the airplanes). They turned out cute. I miss you guys so much already!! I honestly felt more at ease while you were here than I do now that your family is gone. Funny... 'cause it's always so crazy, but somehow peaceful and content at the same time! :) Love ya!

Emily said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Friends are the best! We're going to see our friends in Dallas next week and I can't wait!

Eileen said...

What a wonderful friendship you have. Kindred sisters. And you are so much alike! I really think you two were switched at birth. :)

Ashlee said...

That is so fun to have such good friends..and even more when the kids match in ages! Glad you are feeling better!

KW said...

Ya, glad to see you asked for help. The Degraw girls sometimes take on too much, I know it firsthand and learn some very valuable lessons about my health because of it. Hang in there! Just think this is the last time you will be pregnant. See ya in a couple weeks!!

Patty said...

Pregnancy is hard. I'm glad your feeling better now. It's smart to get help when you need it. I had post partum depression for about a year after one pregancy and didn't ask for help. After looking back, I would do it differently. I love the pictures from your new camera. They are amazing.

My Life I tell ya said...

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Congrats on the baby! I went through a similar thing after our move. Major anxiety and so many new things and changes. I don't do well with change. The medication was the best. My doctor told me once I took the medication to not feel guilty that I was taking medication. Good luck with it all.
Millie

Jasons girls said...

Andrea, so glad to hear you are feeling better and had a great visit with a dear friend.
As always you need to take care of you !! It is o.k. to not be Supermom and Superwife all the time !! You are loved for who you are, not what you do. We are only pregnant for a short time, so try to enjoy that little miracle growing in you, and rest. Rememeber how amazing bringing a life into the world is. Thinking of you !!!

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

Glad "life over the toilet" is over and you are feeling better in a couple of ways. Your openness concerning medication may help some one else. That openness is one way of giving service.

Related Posts with Thumbnails