Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Today...

Today is the day that marks Ten Years with the love of my life.  I can't believe that we have been married for ten years. 

I remember the day before we got married.  I stopped by his house to drop something off, and he came running down the stairs.  He had athletic shorts on, and his socks pulled up to his knees.  He went sliding across the floor in the kitchen and said, "We are getting married tomorrow." 

The days since that have been filled with so much love, adventures, trials, and bonding.  We have grown so close.  It has granted us a life together that I never dreamed of.  It has exceeded my expectations. 

We have been blessed with 3 beautiful children, and one more on the way.  We have lived in Utah, Kansas, Arkansas, and the Caribbean.  We have spent most of the ten years extremely poor, but so rich in other ways. 

When I married him he was my best friend.  He is still that today.  I am grateful that Ten Years ago I had the good sense to marry the man I called, "My Best Friend."

In honor of our many milestones, we went on a Caribbean Cruise.  Ten Years

We had a great time.  We went to the Cayman Islands, Isle Roatan(of the coast of Honduras), and Belize.  It was an amazing week.  I am thankful that I had time some time all to myself with just Jonathan.  I love the kids, but sometimes it is nice to be with each other and have no distractions.

Cruise

We did some exciting things, including:  Snorkeling, swimming with Sting Rays, Deep Sea Fishing, and plenty of Rest and Relaxation.

Rest and Relaxation  

I have to give a shout out to my sister Lindsay who made it possible for us to go.  She came and watched the kiddos for us.  Thanks Lindsay for being a great surrogate mother.  The kids miss you.

I love you Jonathan.  Thank you for the fun week, and the amazing  TEN YEARS!!

13 comments:

Eileen said...

Congrats on a decade of love! This fall will be 3 decades of love for me and my hubby. I'm glad you took some time for yourselves. Very important!

Becky said...

Ten years?! Congrats! I can't believe you were so close and didn't even come visit. ;-D Here's to ten more great years!

Emily said...

Congratulations! I love that you took a Caribbean cruise!

On our tenth anniversary, we were on Saba and SO POOR. (You know the routine) We ate dinner on our patio after Hannah went to bed and David put his arm around me and said, "Honey, happy 10th anniversary! People spend thousands of dollars to get the Caribbean and I MOVED you here for 20 months!"

It was not romantic.

But, very funny when I look back now.

Would you recommend a cruise?

Dave and Lindsay said...

Happy Anniversary!! I am glad you guys had a good time. Miss you all and love you!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! on your 10 yrs. the next 10 will be even better!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am soooooooo jealous !!! You went to my happy place !! I am so glad you and Jonathan took the time and all that is involved with getting away, just the 2 of you !!! I am hopeful Jason and I can do that same thing some time soon. I miss just being with him.

Congrats on 10 years, I kind of think you 2 have always been together !!!

Jasons girls said...

Hey it's Shannon, not sure what I did wrong but I am the "Anonymous" post !!! Sorry about that, love you guys

Krysta said...

Congratulations on 10 years! It does go by fast doesn't it? I'm glad you two were able to get away and enjoy some time together. Your pictures were cute. There is nothing like a bright blue ocean...beautiful!

Alison Woods said...

Fantastic! Good for you guys, you deserved it!

Bre said...

You guys are a great couple and deserve it! I love the pic. and you look great! Congrats on the anniversary!

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

To marry your best friend is an eternal blessing! Congratulations on 10 years so far!

Tara said...

Congrats on 10 years! I'm glad you had a lovely time -- I hope you didn't feel icky pregnant!!! (by the way, do you have an ultra sound coming up??)

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary!

Related Posts with Thumbnails