Friday, January 9, 2009

Happenings...

There is always something Happening when you have children.  This is what has been Happening at our house.One down

Jex lost his first tooth... we are on to those awkward phases that come with being kids and adolescents. Missing teeth, and then before you know it... Zits, Braces, and their own personal style. 

He still looks adorable.  It took about a week before he would trust me to pull it out.  I guess he figured it wasn't going to come on it's own.  I was able to get it out in one gentle tug.  He enjoyed having the tooth fairy come.  Big changes, BIG BIG Changes. He is growing up.

Now this next one might get me hurt. 

Disclaimer:Grandparents & aunts... she wanted to do this!! This was Not her crazy mothers idea. 

Stella has been asking me since I cut my hair off if we could cut hers.  It has been a long time coming, and I finally gave in.  She was so excited.  I think she looks adorable, and I feel it was a great change.  A much needed change.

Here is the Before and After:Before

After Everyone has been pleased with the results.  Stella is in heaven.  Her classmates went crazy this morning.  Jonathan was a little hesitant about it, but once he saw how cute she looked he couldn't resist.  Our only sour note was Jex.  He was not happy, and even cried some.  He doesn't deal well with change.  I hope he can learn to love her anyway.  I told him,

"Girls sometimes need

a change, and that is

something you are

going to have to

learn to live with.

It would be better if

you learned it now."

As for me...

I am thankful for the

 Happenings.

 

21 comments:

Krysta said...

So cute! Congratulations Jex and Stella...you are growing up!

The Dooley Family said...

Oh, Jex and Stella!!! Aww I miss them so much!!

Tell Jex congrats for me!

Oh man, Stella's hair looks SOOO cute!!!! She looks SO grown up!!! Awww I miss them so much! I wanna squeeze em and play with em again!

Fords said...

I love her hair. It looks so cute!

Stephanie said...

The haircut is DARLING! And she wears it very well. What fun Christmas times! I love the apron. Sewing is so rewarding. I've been wanting to make myself an apron but I've been to lazy/busy to pull out my sewing machine. Maybe you've inspired me.

The McClellan Clan said...

OH my gosh your kids are adorable, and your daughter looks so cute!! Cute hair cut. I know a little girl that looks like her in Ogden. Crazy huh!! She is cute!

Pam said...

Wow Jex, you are growing up!! Did you get money for your tooth?
And Stella I love, love, love, your new hair do!! Luv Grammy

KW said...

That sounds just like Jex to cry when Stellas gets her haircut. I am sad that her long hair is gone, but is looks pretty dang cute! She is looking more grown-up. Tell Jex congrats on the tooth!

Lorinda said...

Oh My WORD! I certainly didn't expect that, but it looks so cute! I cut some bangs the other day and Ivie immediately wanted some. I talked her into waiting for a bit. Are you still going to use the flower clips? How does JB like it? Stella is so cute she'd be beautiful bald! The hair is just an accessory.

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

Isn't it rewarding to have your daughter look so much like you! You both wear that haircut well! Keep smiling through the days! You are an inspiration.

Brunson's said...

I love her hair. It fits her so well. Jex will get used to Girls soon.

Jamie said...

My goodness.... Andrea you have the most darling children ever! I can't get over Stella's new do. Soooooooo cute!

Jerald and Lorene said...

Wow! Jex you have a window in your handsome smile! And Stella you look so darling; way to go Mom for your courage to pull the tooth and also to cut that long hair. What beautiful kids.
Love, Gram Lorene

HLFackrell said...

Totally adorable!

Emily said...

Stella's hair is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! And I think it darling that Jex cried! It's a good thing you let him in on womanly secrets . . . we need constant change (clothes, accessories, hair color, cuts, etc) all the time!

Jasons girls said...

Jex, you just get cuter and the missing tooth is priceless !! Stella I love your haircut, you are such a big girl. Glad you all had such a great Christmas !!!

Dave and Lindsay said...

That is so exciting that you lost your first tooth Jex!! And Stella I love your hair! It is so cute! We miss you guys!

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

Losing the first tooth is soooo exciting. Hope the tooth fairy visited Jex. Love Stella's new look. I think it matches her personality.

Becky said...

Big boy Jex!!! Wow! And Stella is BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE her haircut!!

schrammfam said...

Oh my.... Andrea how are you? Your fam is so cute. I love to catch up through blogs. Sounds like things are going great with you guys. Love ya

Anonymous said...

I just love Stella's haircut. Tell congrats to Jex from the Bailey's he is on his way to being a big boy.

Cyndi said...

Oh it's so fun when they lose their first tooth. I love Stella's haircut. So adorable. Hayden has her hair like that & she loves it (much easier for me to style in the mornings too:) Take care!

Related Posts with Thumbnails