Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Inspiration...

I often find myself blog stalking, looking for creative ways to spruce up my house.  I find some much inspiration from all of YOU out there.  Today I am going to share some of what I have been doing.(remember I said I would share some decorating ideas on this blog?... did I say that?  I think I did... well I will fulfill my promise today... after months of putting it off.)  Side note:  My decorating style is called schizophrenic... if I like it I use it, even if it doesn't go together.  I hope this inspires you to use what you have, and what you enjoy looking at; and not to be afraid of the $ store.  I have found lots of great little extras for $1.  You can decorate on a small budget. 

Welcome...

Thanksgiving at the Moes 134

to our home!!

Thanksgiving at the Moes 011 What I love about my tree... I love to hang pictures frames on my tree with pictures of my family through the years...  ribbon, berries, wreaths, old ornaments,  white lights, handmade ornaments, old-fashioned tree topper, Initials of each family member, and letters representing love and family; ornaments that say; joy, peace, faith, ornaments from our tree when we were growing up, and ornaments we have collected from our travels.   My tree has meaning, and each and every ornament can take me back to a special place or time in our life.  What does your tree say about you?

Collage of tree

 Thanksgiving at the Moes 042 We are slowly collecting Nativity's.  We have four, and I feel they are one of my most treasured Christmas decorations.  They represent what this is all about.

Thanksgiving at the Moes 049 Thanksgiving at the Moes 052 Thanksgiving at the Moes 045 Thanksgiving at the Moes 060 Thanksgiving at the Moes 061 Thanksgiving at the Moes 135 Thanksgiving at the Moes 062

It's in the little details...

Thanksgiving at the Moes 068  Thanksgiving at the Moes 072  Thanksgiving at the Moes 107   Thanksgiving at the Moes 128Thanksgiving at the Moes 082

 I hope you enjoyed the tour...

Happy Holidays.

11 comments:

Heidi Parson said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!! I just Love Christmas! You do such a great job!

Becky said...

Thanks for the tour. I love that santa's watch. Your kitchen table looks so great with those new chairs. You sure had vision when you bought that set! (I hope that didn't make it sound like it was ugly when you bought it - it wasn't, you've just made it SO MUCH better than it was!

Emily said...

Your house looks beautiful!

Michelle said...

Awesome, Andrea. Can't wait to see it in person some time!
I think our tree says that we are channeling Charlie Brown. We decided to go with a live tree, one that we could plant later, got to Lowe's and realized we could afford a 3-gallon potted one. It's about 3 1/2 feet tall and we had to work hard to get it to take one string of lights. The boys were given strict instructions to ONLY PUT ON THE LIGHTEST ORNAMENTS. It was hilarious watching them figure out which ones those were! :) tee hee.
I love your ideas! Good work!

HLFackrell said...

What a lovely job you've done. I like the whole tree idea.

Boyd said...

Your decorations and house look so warm and cheery! I love your tree, so many cute ideas :)
I found a couple of cute pics of Jax and JP the other day playing together from back in the day, I will have to email them to you.
Becky

Krysta said...

It turned out cute! Good job!

Savanna said...

You are so talented. Your Christmas decorations look beautiful. So clever and cute. I love the picture frames on the tree. I have Never thought of that. How fun to spend 9 whole days together as a family,and with Krysta's family too.

Jasons girls said...

Your home looks amazing !! Wish we could stop over and have some hot cocoa !! Miss you.

The McClellan Clan said...

Andrea, I hope you remember me. We weren't in beauty school for long. Cause you graduated but I'll never forget the client you passed on to me. Long braided hair, dying the roots brown. And you cutting my nieces hair so cute!! Anyways. I'm glad I found your blog. Its seriously one of the cutest blogs out there. I love all your christmas Idea's and what you blog about. You have the cutest family. You truly look like you have made your house a home. I love it. You are a great decorator, great with idea's and a great mother and wife!! You are SO cute!! I'm with you on the private blog thing, its just not as fun. But thats where I am. The not as fun blog, so if you want to view it email me
jocelynmcclellan@yahoo.com and I can patch you through. I hope your doing good!! Take care
Jocelyn Witbeck McClellan

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

You definately have a flair for decorating... and your own classy style. I love your photos, especial those with the tree.

Related Posts with Thumbnails