Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Pictures for our loved ones...



....that are far away!!

I just wanted to share our Halloween adventures. It was a great day. I went on a field trip with Jex(pictures to come later) Then the kiddos could not wait to go trick or treating. We went in our neighborhood, and then down to be with some friends from our ward. The kids made a haul. They agreed to sell it to me again this year. The kids picked out their 10 favorite pieces and then I bought the rest for $5. They will still get to eat it, except it will be on my terms. It will be part of their after school snack.

It was so warm... not like many Halloweens we have had. We were sweating until the sun went down.

Jex was batman. I made the costume from a dollar store find, and a pair of sweat pants. We already had the mask. Stella was Fancy Nancy.. which is her favorite story book character. I made the tutu. It was so easy. Isaac was the beloved frog that all 3 of our children have worn.

I was once again a witch, and Jonathan was a very sleepy dad who diligently went out with his kids that he loves in spite of just getting off a 37 hour shift. We love you daddy!!



I have decided that Halloween is a lot of work. It is even harder when you have a kiddo that throws up all over your carpet at 1:30am because they ate too much. This is the 2nd year this has happened. You think I would learn. Oh well, you can't monitor everything. That is why they sell me their candy.

Happy Fall!!

10 comments:

Eileen said...

I LOVE that idea (selling the candy)! I'm going to tell my married kids.

Bre said...

They are super cute in their costumes. I cant believe its over already! Looks like they had a blast! And I love that they agreed to sell it to you, my brothers do the same. My kids dont quite get that yet but I am working on it:) But then I swear I end up eating it all:( yuck

Fords said...

They look very cute - I'm glad it was a fun and warm Halloween for you!!

Emily said...

Great pictures! Your kids are darling! And way to go Jonathon . . .

Krysta said...

They look so cute! Jonathan is such a trooper... sorry you had to deal with throw up...never a fun thing! :)

Sara said...

Cute, cute, cute! You have the picture perfect family. I love that you had the throw ups - that is pretty funny (sorry) So, is it trur that you are the enrichment counselor? We may need to do some chatting - as I am in that same calling!

Jessica said...

Your kids look so cute! I've never had to deal with throw up at Halloween, but this year Skyler threw up Sat night & Scarlet last night. And we haven't even been eating hardly any candy! What is up with that? Would someone like to help me clean up today? I'll give you all my candy :)

Alison Woods said...

Super adorable kids you have! I won't let my kids find out that you buy their candy from them and then give some back to them every day after snack. My kids would think I'm the worst mom ever for what I do with their candy! :)

Dave and Lindsay said...

You guys look so cute!! We love the batman, fancy nancy, and frog!! We wish we could have been there to go trick or treating with you.

Tara said...

It's good to see your blog pop up on my google reader again! :) Your kids are super cute - looks like you have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails