Monday, June 23, 2008

Kindred Spirits!!


Krysta and I have been friends for eight years. We met while our husbands were in college at Utah State. They played on the same softball team, and we started chatting at the games. We hit it off. In the early years, we did a lot together as couples. Once we started to have kids, our friendship evolved to something different. We have always saught each other out as a sorce of comfort, and guidance. It is so nice to have someone who is in the same stage of life, that understands just what you are going through.

We have quite a bit in common, and I think that has helped to make our friendship what it is. She is the one friend who truly gets me. We are both a little OCD, and it is so nice to have someone who can embrace that quality about me. We both have 3 kids, and we understand just how hectic life can get. We both are Hair stylists for a living, and we share scrapbooking, decorating, and cleaning our house as a hobby.

I know that we will be friends for life, and I believe that one of the best gifts from God is a best friend. I am so thankful for her in my life.

Now that we have moved, we are much closer to them. This is the closest we have been in 5 years. They just recently moved also. It is about a seven hour drive to visit each other. When that is the closest "family" you have, seven hours doesn't seem so bad. So... they came for a visit this past weekend. It was the best feeling when my door bell rang and they were all standing there at the door. For the last five years, we have spent several weekends, and sometimes a whole week staying at their house. Since this is our first house, this is the first time we have been able to have them. What a wonderful feeling it was for me to finally have them as a guest in my home.

Jonathan and Casey spent all weekend working on projects, the kids ran around having a blast with each other, and Krysta and I enjoyed our girl talk and our favorite hobby.... decorating. This is a passion that we both share. It was so fun to decorate my house together. She was such a big help, and it was nice to bounce ideas of each other.

In my life, she has always been the person that I look up too. She has always been just one step ahead of me. She had the first baby, she bought the first house, she potty-trained first, and etc... She is who I turn to for advice in most aspects of my life. The best part is that I know that her advice would be similiar to how I would do it. We think a lot alike. I appreciate all she has taught me.

After they left yesterday, both of the kids started to cry, and Jonathan and I missed them before they got to the end of the street. They were great house guests, and made me want to be even closer to them. We will be making lots of visits over the next four years.

We are so blessed to be able to be closer to them. Casey and Krysta thanks again for the weekend, help, and wonderful visit!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a great weekend. You truly are lucky to have them as friends. I'm so excited to see your house. I know it will be beautiful! One day I'll grow up and be just like you two!

Krysta said...

You have been busy today my little lady! I LOVE your new layout...beautiful, as always! :)

I'm laughing right now because I just did my post of our weekend and it looks like we had the same idea with the picture of us together. That is just proof of how much we think alike!! :) I even wrote up the same little story about us...too funny! You are truly an amazing friend and I am thankful every day that you are a part of my life.

Eileen said...

Andrea! Congrats on surviving medical school. I found you through Krysta who found me through Steph. I love blogging. Your kids are adorable and so are you!

Tara said...

Hurray!!! New posts from Andrea!! I've been blog stalking you for the past week, just waiting for what I knew was coming. But, of course, you rose above my expectations -- a whole new blog layout?! It's beautiful!
I'm glad you had a fabulous weekend - I'm excited to see more pictures of your home!

Alli said...

It looks like we are doing the same thing right now. The sad part is you are faster at it. Looks so cute! We need to chat because I don't think we are to far from each other. My aunt was telling my mom where you live. My email is abjohnson94@hotmail.com. Talk to you soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails