Wednesday, April 9, 2008

He's so dreamy...

It just occurred to me tonight that I spend a lot of time posting about my kids, and an equal amount of time "gettin' my scrap on"... you know... the hip new way of digital scrapbooking. In doing both of those things, I just realized that there is one member of our family that often gets the short end of the stick in the "attention" department... my sweet hubby. So tonight I'm going to compose my "ode to Jonathan" as my attempt to give him some digital attention. I'll start by sharing my top 8 list of things I adore about him: (I know, 8 is a weird number... but I don't think I can come up with 10)

1. I love how he asks me to hold the wheel when we're driving so he can scratch two places at the same time.
2. I love how he tries to sneak out of the shower without me knowing so I won't corner him with the tweezers and start picking at his back.
3. I love how he occasionally buys me a new pair of fitted jeans because he thinks I've got a nice can.
4. I love how he makes me chew my calcium supplement each day because he doesn't want me to break all my bones as an old lady.
5. I love how he chooses to watch HGTV when we're sitting on the couch together. You know that intense look in a deer's eyes when they are staring into the headlights? That's how his eyes are, so I know he's really focused on the show.
6. I love how he frequently does our grocery shopping by himself at night, and how he always buys me a pack of Oreo Double Stuff's because he says it will take double the effort to stuff myself into the new jeans he just bought me.
7. I love how he frequently does our laundry and how he lifts up his shirt and scrubs my clothes on his "washboard abs" because he wants my clothes to get really, really clean.
8. I love how he always lets me know when we are passing a smelly dairy farm. He must have really good eyes because I've never seen no dairy farm!

I love you sweetie!

5 comments:

Alison Woods said...

That's hilarious! I love it!

Krysta said...

Very funny! I laughed just about the whole way through that post!

Carrie said...

That is hilarious, and we have more laundry for his washboard abs if you run out!

Sara said...

I love it Jonathan! You did a fabulous job at posting the most hilarios post I have ever read! Thanks for the great giggles!

Pam said...

I think someone missed their calling in life as a dr., should have been a standup!! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails