Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Eat your Vegetables

As many of you know, I have never been a fan of cooked vegetables. In fact, we hardly eat them at our house because I could hardly gag them down. After each baby, I have something knew to add to my likes at the dinner table. I recently found out that my new addition after Isaac is cooked vegetables. Broccoli being one of the favs. Yes Mom, I said Broccoli. Can you believe it? I sure can't. I realized this while in Arkansas. We were invited to dinner at a LDS couples home. We hardly knew them. They served steamed vegetables, and I felt like I should eat them to be polite. What I realized was, I actually liked them. I have tried and tried, and could never really stomach them. Now, I actually crave them. Tonight, I had a whole plate of steamed Broccoli, and it was delicious. Who knew? I am turning in to a grownup. AHHH!!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

So funny how that grown up thing just sneaks up on us! I find that I now can eat almost every veggie except tomatoes. Still haven't learned to like those! Good job on the broccoli- one of my very favs!

Sheffer's said...

have you tried those steam fresh veggies from Birds'eye? They're pretty reasonably priced at walm-mart, we love them! They taste soooo much better than regular frozen veggies! When I was pregnant with Caleb I found myself craving broccoli for the first time, too. It's crazy how that happens!

Amber said...

Too funny, I suddenly like tomatoes & milk after being pregnant. Weird how it all works out.

Krysta said...

Our taste buds are still always changing. I think steaming your veggies makes a big difference though...I bought a steamer at Target when we moved. You just put a little bit of water in your pot, set the steamer in there and then put your veggies in. Then you just cook them on the stove like you normally would. It does the trick for me!

Pam said...

who knew??? Now try califlower and cabbage, and squash!! Those are my favs and I crave them too!! lol

Jessica said...

Nothin' better than fresh, steamed veggies--especially when the fruit isn't in season. My favorite is asparagus!

Savanna said...

Hey Andrea! It's Savanna from Silver Clippers. I just saw your blog from Ashleys. I can't believe you have 3 kids. They are SO darling. What a cute cute family you have. It's fun to see what you are up to.

Andrea said...

Hey Savannah!! It is so good to hear from you. I hope things are good. I would love to see your blog if you have one. Let me know.

Ash said...

I love steamed veggies. Funny that it's just a recent fave of yours. That's something I just learned about you. Your pictures of the kids are adorable. You do a great job.

Savanna said...

Andrea- my blog is danandsavanna.blogspot.com. I have 2 kids. Crazy huh? I was so excited to find your blog. Do you still keep in touch with Marci?

Related Posts with Thumbnails