Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful.

I hope y’all are having a beautiful day spent with loved ones and family members.  I am slaving away in the kitchen today.  Actually, I enjoy every minute of cooking Thanksgiving dinner. It doesn’t actually feel like slaving at all.  It feels more like service.  A wonderful service that I am doing with and for my family.  My sweet husband is in the kitchen with me slaving right along side me.  This.  is one of my favorite parts of this holiday. 

When I was first married, I never dreamed that I would cook our whole Thanksgiving dinner for the first time at the age of 26.  I believed that I would bring side dishes to my parents and grow old doing that.  Then we moved out of the country.  I learned quickly how to throw it all together, when I started making Thanksgiving dinner for 500 medical students and staff with the help of 10 other wives.

Needless to say; I am a pro at Thanksgiving dinner.  One of the perks of living away from your family; you learn to cook a turkey at a really young age.

So… today I cook and prepare to share dinner with another sweet family from our church.  We have nine kids between us so it will be a full house.  A full house and a heartful of Thanksgiving.

What I am thankful for…

Photobucket

Good, obedient, beautiful children

Photobucket

A husband who loves me

Photobucket

A job that provides for us and our children

Photobucket

Warm clothes, many hand.me.downs, and thrifty finds that help keep our family beautifully clothed.  I know that this has been a huge blessing from Heavenly Father as we have made our way through medical school and what has followed.

Photobucket

A warm peaceful home to raise our children in

Photobucket

A place to carry on traditions, laughter and love

Photobucket

A loving extended family that has supported us throughout our journeys

Photobucket

My faith in an amazing church that teaches me gospel truths

Photobucket

…and the many friends along the way that have helped our children and us grow in to the people we are

Photobucket

Now go enjoy your beautiful day as you celebrate your many Thanksgivings.

Pictures taken at our recent family photo shoot by Andrea Swenson Photography and Krysta Moes Photography

.

1 comments:

Stella said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beloved ones. And thank you for being there in blogland. Your blog is a lovely place to be.

Related Posts with Thumbnails