Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2 Halloweens… and safe and sound.

Yes, I was worried that we wouldn’t even have one, and then we really kind of had two.

They canceled Halloween in our township because of Hurricane Sandy,  and rescheduled for Friday.  I really struggled with that.   I want to celebrate Halloween on Halloween.  It had stopped raining, it was cold; but it was HALLOWEEN!! Luckily our friends township which is just a few streets over didn’t cancel.

Photobucket

We were lucky to go out with them.  We had a great night hanging out with friends.

Because our township rescheduled, that gave our kids the opportunity to pass out candy on Friday in our township. (I wish I would have taken a picture.)

So… we kinda had two Halloweens.

I think the kids liked answering the door and passing out the candy as much as they did trick or treating.

I am so thankful that the storm didn’t end up as bad as they projected for us here in PA.  We are safe and we were lucky not to loose our power.  We pray for those families on the East coast who are still with out power and have lost so much. What a mess that storm made for so many people.

I am thankful hurricane Sandy was just some heavy rain and strong winds for us.  I am thankful it didn’t prevent us from trick or treating.

Meet our Halloween Characters:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am so thankful that my kids love Halloween as much as I do.

 

Photobucket

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails