Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Time Wreath

It is definitely Spring around here.  We have had such great weather.  On one of those nice spring days, I couldn’t help but make my entry way look a little bit more like spring.

Spring Wreath (6 of 6)

I decided I needed a new wreath.  I searched all over my pinterest boards and married a few ideas together.  This is what I came up with:

Spring Wreath (3 of 6)

I already had the letter S.  It was a metal S that was tired and needed a new look.  I added some green moss to it.  I bought the moss in a sheet instead of individual pieces which proved to be so much easier.  I attached it to the S with spray adhesive.

Spring Wreath (2 of 6)

I had a straw wreath laying around in my attic that I picked up at a thrift store for 50 cents.  I covered it in strips of burlap.  Once it was covered, I attached the mossy S with my glue gun.

Spring Wreath (4 of 6)

I picked up these fun flowers at the hob lob and laid them out just how I liked.  Then I added them to my wreath also with my glue gun.  I had some left over fabric that I used as my ribbon to hang it from the door.

Spring Wreath (1 of 6)

It was such a simple project, and made such a difference. 

I had enough flowers left to add some to this pot.  It added just the right amount of spring to my entry way. 

Spring Wreath (5 of 6)

I swept out the entry way, and wiped all the furniture down.  The pollen had left such an awful mess. 

With our house on the market, I wanted to make the right first impression. 

… and I think it helped.  Our house was under contract in 6 days.  I can’t believe that this house is almost no longer ours.

CIMG3213

I love this house.

I love my entry way.

I love making new spring wreaths for my entry way.

I will miss you house.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love the wreath...i'm still in denial about you moving, i'm glad you are at least staying till the end of June!

Simply Domestic said...

Congrratulations of the sale of your home! I love your wreath!

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Your Wreath turned out SOOO Cute! Oh my goodness THAT was SOO fast, BUT you are such an amazing decorator and always do such a fabulous job at keeping it tidy and neat, I am not too surprised your cute home went so fast! BUT I am with Marji, I am trying NOT to think about you guys not being here next year, Yep it is such a bummer, and depressing...

Krysta said...

I love your wreath. Great job! I'm not surprised your house sold so fast. It's just too cute. :)

kara said...

I've recently come across your blog and I must say I love your style. I may be stealing a few ideas! You have a beautiful family and wonderful ideas for helping them learn and grow. I envy how organized you seem to be with your home, family, photography and blog! I look forward to reading more.

Tara said...

Congrats on selling your home (SO FAST!) I can't believe it's been so long, and it's almost time for you to move on to the next adventure. What a ride! I'm so glad you keep blogging - I love seeing what you are up to!

Related Posts with Thumbnails