Friday, May 27, 2011

{Glimpse} Brothers

I finally sat down and worked on a little project. 

Me Project2

Well, not really sat down.  I stood up and worked on a project.

Me projects

I haven’t done a project in quite some time.  It has been on my list for a long time.

I wanted a banner for my boy’s room. 

I wanted to add a little something special to their curtains.

I also wanted to remind them of the bond they share.

It was FREE to me.  I had all of the supplies.

Banner 1 cr

I made it out of a map of Arkansas that I had floating around.   Once I got the flags cut out, I put them on some brown cardstock to make it a little sturdier. 

I used a stamp set I had to spell out the word Brother, and an orange colored pencil to color it in. I attached the letters with pop dots so they are 3D.

Banner 2 CR

I attached the flags together with some metal brads and brown string.

I gave it a little added touch by making it look aged with a brown ink pad.

A project that I put off for months and it only took me 45 minutes.

Doesn’t it look so great in their room?

Isaac play

I need to make time for little projects.  They make me happy.

I even used the banner in my latest photo shoot.

Brothers

Our boys are great friends.  Jex is such a good example to Isaac.  This banner is more then just a fun decoration.  It represents them.  The word brother is such an important word to be hanging up in their room.  A word that I want them to remember, honor and respect.

Brothers bw

Banner 3 cr

On the last flag I attached the words: “Brother take me by the hand, and show me the way.”

boys hands

I hope that Jex does just that. 

As I made the banner, I also thought of our older brother; Jesus.  How many times he has taken me by the hand and shown me the way.

And that is just a glimpse.

glimpse

5 comments:

Alison Woods said...

You are so talented it blows my mind! So, so cute and totally adorable brothers!

Unknown said...

Love it :) Love the pictures of the boys, they are so cute!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Such a cute idea! And the pictures are awesome! You have so much talent!

KW said...

Love the way it turned out. It looks awesome. I love the new picture on the header too, Tess is too cute.

Krysta said...

I love that you used the banner in the photo shoot. I'm glad you got a project done. It does feel good!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails