Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Day…

  the best Mother’s Day.  Somewhat surreal.  My family is finally complete.  My first Mother’s day with ALL my children.  I tried to reflect on that today.

 Mother's Day 2010

I woke up to a sweet little coo.  Then a morning nurse.  Back to bed for a morning cat nap while daddy takes care of the kiddos.  Finally get up. I remember that I am at my BFF’s house for a visit.  What could be better then that?

Wake up to the smell of blueberry muffins. YUM!! made from fiber one mix.  Always need more fiber.  Good Good.

Four crisp white papers placed in my hand.  One says, “You are the best mom in the universe.”  The other, “I love you because you play with me.”  Another, “I love it when you lay by me and sing to me.”  and last a coupon for a 4 person massage.  Each person will massage a different part of my body… it expires tonight.

Off to church for some spiritual uplift, and guess who the speaker is?  None other then my BFF.  I sat in the peaceful mother’s room, and nursed my little baby as I listened.

  Wonderful. I was able to listen without distraction.  Tears pouring down my cheeks

as Krysta spoke about motherhood with such a sweet reverence and utmost respect.  Like it is the most important job on earth.  Oh wait, it is!!  There was nothing more wonderful then nursing my last little miracle while my favorite friend shared simple reminders of how our time could not be better spent.kids

Home for a little rest.  Tess is unsettled.  I lay her next to me on the bed.  We lay there for 30 minutes.  She grabs my cheeks, smiles, coos and snuggles with me.  One more reminder of

how love really makes the world go round.  Love is what motherhood is all about.

Tess finally settles.  I make sugar cookies.  A favorite for everybody.  I haven’t had a cookie in 5 weeks.  I deserve one today.  So… I’ll have 2 or 3 or maybe 15.

Off to the farm discovered by Krysta to take family photos.  What a wonderful day to capture

my family. My family.  They are mine.  These five people are what made me a

 mother.

Home to dinner.  Yummy!! Cafe Rio.

Time to redeem my massage.  HEAVEN.  Tessa lays between Jonathan and I on the

bed.  Isaac rubs my feet.  Jex my back.  Stella my legs.  Jonathan my neck.  He leans over and whispers I love you.

kiss

So surreal.  Four children.  All mine.  A miraculous beauty.

 A remarkable day…. I will not forget.

 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures of your family! Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Krysta said...

I love your post! It really was a fabulous day. Your sweet family being here made my mothers day even better!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful mother's day!! Miss you!

Lindsey Jensen said...

I love that post!! You are so inspirational!!! Those pictures turned out beautiful!! Love all of them!

Becky said...

What a great day! After I reminded Jaron what day it was, I got NOTHING! Hmmm...I think I'm going to eat his favorite candy that I had secretly shipped here and give him the wrappers for Father's day instead. ;-)

I love the family picture at the end, with all the kids doing their own thing. Priceless!!

P.S. I inherited a box of YOUR scrapbooking supplies this week! It has a couple of Swenson thank you cards in it and unfinished Stella birth announcements. Too funny!!

KW said...

Glad you had a great day!

Tara said...

Happy Mother's Day - I'm glad it was so magical (you have such a way of sharing/focusing on the good and joyful - you make life look very very sweet).
Your pictures are, as always, beautiful!

Judi said...

I came across your blog in my lurkings in the blogging sphere! :) What a beautiful family! I have four kids too. We've been down the medical road too. Finally completed it almost four years ago now! Got to love residency! :)

We are LDS and live in Indiana where my husband serves as branch president of our branch.

I hope you don't mind if I follow you.

Stop by my blog if you'd like . . .
twelvefitfeet.blogspot.com

Brunson's said...

I love your pictures. They are so pretty. It makes me picture hungry for new family ones. Your kids are so cute and you look cute as well. Glad you had a great Mother's Day~

Christal said...

These are the best family pics ever! beautiful!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails