Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tessa and her first days

We are all so thankful for the blessing of this beautiful new baby.Tessa 5

Tessa Mae Swenson joined our family last Thursday.  She was such a quick delivery.  I am thankful for that, since I have been dealing with contractions for a little over 3 months.

She has a very calm and laid back personality.  She sleeps most of the day.

Tess 

It is a rare occasion to have her eyes open.  Isaac exclaims, "Tessa eyes open."

She is a wonderful sleeper, and already sleeps 5-7 hours at night.  I also have to wake her up to eat during the day.

Tessa coming home

She is so calm that I have a hard time keeping my eyes open when I hold her.

Tessa with Dad 

She has her daddy wrapped around her finger.

The kids have adjusted so well.

Kids with Tess

Stella and Jex hold her most of the day.  They constantly ask, "when is she going to wake up?"

Stella and Tessa

Stella can hold her for an hour at a time.  When I ask, "Do you want me to take her?"  She always says, "no."

Isaac and Tess

I was worried the most about the little guy.  It has not affected him at all.  He loves when she is awake, and loves to kiss her.  My favorite phrase is when he says, "Tessa dove ooo." (Tessa love you)

There have been no behavioral problems yet so we are crossing our fingers.

Tessa with Grandma

We have been enjoying Grandma.  She has been so helpful. I am not ready for her to go home.  Can't she just move in?  The kids have loved having her here.  She has helped me emotionally in so many ways.  I feel more prepared and at ease.  I am ready to conquer this on my own because of her help.  She is leaving us tomorrow.  BOO HOO!!  (More about her visit to come soon)

Lets hope she visits again soon.

Tessa 7

I can honestly say that our family feels complete.  I am counting my blessing for 4 beautiful healthy and wonderful blessings in our life.

I am feeling so wonderful.  I don't hurt at all.  I don't feel like I just had a baby.  I am feeling so grateful and happy. 

Thanks to all of you for your prayers. 

Motherhood is the best gift I have ever been given.

I am so grateful for laughter, and I have learned to take it one day at a time.  Today, I was cleaning up poop from Tessa when Tessa peed everywhere.  Then I looked down and was leaking milk.  I hear my mom laughing as she says, "you have baby poop all over your jacket."  I couldn't help but laugh, and think about the glamorous life that I lead.  I decided to count my blessings that I had already changed out of my nice clothes.

Last night, I had 3 kids crying at once.  I thought my house was falling apart. I just smiled and laughed about it later. 

Keep moving forward, and be thankful for the gift of being a mother.

I am blessed to hold their little life in my hands.

Wonderful

12 comments:

Dave and Lindsay said...

She is SOOO Beautiful!! Seriously what a little blessing she is! I am glad that everything went well with the delivery and that she is such a sweet baby!

Amy said...

Wonderful pictures and wonderful words! Glad to hear that everything is also wonderful!

Eileen said...

What a sweet, tender post. And what a beautiful little lady.

Lindsey Jensen said...

She is beautiful!!! I'm so glad to hear how well you and your family are doing!! Congrats!!

Stephanie said...

wonderful words! This is the best life. She is beautiful I'm so glad you have her. And I'm glad (for you) that you're done being pregnant!

Anne said...

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl!! What nice words of encouragement for yourself and others...even after JUST having a baby you are still so inspirational :)

Karin said...

She is so beautiful! She looks just like Stella. I am so excited for you guys and so excited that you are finally done with that pregnancy!(;

Krysta said...

She is beautiful and looks like a little angel! There is either a lot of lauhging or a lot of crying these days isn't there? I'm glad you are choosing to laugh and enjoy ALL of it!

KW said...

She looks just like Stella!! I want to hold her so come home soon. I can't believe she is already sleeping that much. I hope my little one is a good sleeper too.

Jamie said...

I just LOVE your blog. Those pictures are precious and your family is just perfect! Tessa looks just like Stella! Beautiful girls! I'm so glad you are feeling good!

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you! I am glad that everything is going well! Mae is Hannah's middle name as well. She is beautiful!

The Dooley Family said...

What a beautiful blessing! She sounds just perfectly amazing!! What an angel!

I was thinking today about what mothers must think about their own children. I'm currently nannying 3 little ones under 5 years old. I've spent so much time taking care of others' little ones but i've never been able to know how their parents must feel to be able to love on them and take care of them every day! I can honestly say I can't wait (though we are...) to know how it feels firsthand, and thanks to your post, now I have the answer to my question!

Related Posts with Thumbnails