Friday, September 12, 2008

{Just the Two of Us}


Stella was asked to give a talk one of the first Sundays in our new ward. Guess who gave the talk? Yes, it was I. Anyways, she was asked to give another one a few weeks ago. We practiced with her, and then Jonathan promised her a surprise.

So Sunday came, and she did beautifully on her talk. When we came home from church, Jonathan printed out a note for Stella. It was a invite to go on a date with him. They could go anywhere she wanted, and buy any surprise treat she wanted.

So yesterday, I could tell she was having one of those starving for attention days, and even though we played games, snuggled up and watched a movie, and made cookies... it just wasn't enough. When Jonathan came home from work, I suggested he take her on her date. It was just the ticket. She was so excited, and when she came home she could not stop talking about it.
I think it is so sweet to see my handsome husband making time for our amazing daughter. Just the two of them.
They went out to eat at Macaroni Grill, and shared a dish. They ate fish! I am sure Jonathan loved that, since I won't share fish with him. Then they went and browsed around Target, which is Stella's favorite store. She got to pick a prize from the $ section, and then she brought home a treat for Jex. Which I am sure was her idea. She loves to buy for others.
I am so thankful to Jonathan for making a special effort. I know it meant a lot to Stella. It was a nice night for me, because I got to enjoy some time with Jex. It was a reminder of how important one on one time is.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I've been reading your posts and getting caught up on everything. You have been spoiled with visitors lately! I'm happy for you all to have those happy times. You both will do well in your new callings. You will have much to contribute in Enrichment, Andrea. And Jonathan will have great experiences working with the Bishopric. Michael had that opportunity for a couple of years in Roosevelt, right before our move to SD. He still talks about what a great experience that was. Good luck to you both. Now, about the Daddy-Daughter-Date. I have such special memories of those kinds of experiences with Dad. Stella will treasure those memories and the feelings attached to them forever!!! You're a terrific Dad, Jonathan.

Love you guys-
AMY

Carrie said...

That is the SWEETEST picture of Jonathan & Stella! I'm excited to look and see what else has been going on with you guys. I miss sweet little Stella!

HLFackrell said...

What a fun memory to create for Stella. I remember going on one daddy daughter date with my dad for my birthday one year. It is one of my favorite memories. You are going to be great in RS and I can so see Jonathan as the Exec Sec. Joe had that calling for 2 years with Bishop Campbell and it was a wonderful experience for him.

Dave and Lindsay said...

That looks like they had such a good time! What a fun memory for both of them to share!

Ashlee said...

I love that! My parent use to take us on mommy-daughter and daddy-daughter dates too..they were a reward for good behavior. But I cherish those memories and want to share them with our children. Those are some precious pictures. You two have a lot to contribute to the Ward! I have always loved growing up in the mid-west and feel I am personally a stronger member than I would be if I had grown up in the West, or in TX where we lived when I was young. There are so many ways to be a strength and example to friends and neighbors..people are always watching how we live and act -knowing that helps me try a little harder and be a little better..you will be great in your callings! Thanks

KW said...

Oh I love Stella so much. I miss her. She has a lot of my same personality traits, that is so weird!

Krysta said...

Adorable pictures! Are you sure you need a new camera??? :)

Casey Moes said...

Looks like you had fun. Those outings are great--more so when the kids say, "Dad, do you remember when we went out and .... ?" Priceless!

Jerald and Lorene said...

What's that fuzz under Jonathan's bottom lip?! Seriously, what a great experience for all of you! I'm sure J and Stella had a great time and also Jex and Mom. The pictures are wonderful; I love my baby boy's green eyes! He grew up to be a great husband and father.
Lorene

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

What priceless times and beautiful pictures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails