Thursday, August 7, 2008

{A Riddle for you...}

1. It has happened 30 times in my lifetime.

2. It has happened in all of the different places that we have lived.

3. It has always been a time to celebrate.


And if this doesn't give it away...
4. It is a good day to eat cake!!

You Guessed it: today is my birthday. I am the BIG 30!!

My friend Krysta told me that instead of being the oldest of the young, I am now the youngest of the old. I like that. I like being young again!!

My wonderful husband surprised me today with my favorite gift. FLOWERS!!! I have just recently fallen in love with this gift. When we were first married that was the last thing I wanted him to spend our money on. Now, I have a new appreciation for flowers. I love waking up everyday to fresh flowers, and if I had money in the budget I would always have a vase full of fresh flowers on the table.

So for now... I will enjoy the occasions that Jonathan surprises me with them. It was a wonderful gift. He was also so thoughtful, and left little notes and coupons all over the house. Things like: a morning to sleep in, or a 15 minute scalp massage.

What a wonderful day. Thank you to who sent birthday wishes!! It is so great to feel loved.

I guess it isn't so bad being 30.

10 comments:

Boyd said...

Happy Birthday!!

Jessica said...

Happy Happy Birthday Andrea Dear! I can't believe it's already been a year since we had Olive Garden at my house and you were ready to pop! That was so fun! Hope you enjoyed your day--30's ROCK!

Calli Potter said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! I hope you had an amazing day!

Casey Moes said...

Andrea, welcome to the Thirty-something club. Krysta and I have enjoyed being in our thirties. Being 30, we're young yet distinguished, cool but not out of touch with reality, we know what we want and best of all, we're downright fun!

Happy Birthday--sit back and enjoy the ride!

Jenny said...

Oh what a wonderful birthday! I can't wait to turn 30 this year too! 1978 was so great!

Leila said...

Happy Birthday!

Brunson's said...

Andrea
Hope you had a wonderful birthday! We send you our wishes. Hope all is good and you are enjoying the rest of your summer.

Jennifer said...

What a SURPRISE!!! Just the thing we were talking about. AND Gerber Daisies, too--my personal favorite.

HLFackrell said...

I'm glad you had a happy day. May this year be a delight for you

Tara said...

Yikes, I'm LATE (surprise, surprise!). But Happy Birthday all the same!! I miss you tons!

Related Posts with Thumbnails