Saturday, August 23, 2008

Little Wonders...

I love music... I love the way it makes me feel when I hear a song that just touches my heart. This morning, a song did just that. It is called "Little Wonders" It is from the movie Meet the Robinsons.

I was listening to it this morning just after I laid my little ONE year old down for his nap. I really started thinking about their little lives, and how everything that they do is such a wonder for them. Every experience is new, and I get to be a part of that. I love sharing in the joys of childhood with my children. Every path our children take, we get to be a part of it. Many times we help lead them down certain paths, and we are an influence for good in their life. In these small hours of there life, we have an imporant role.

It also made me reflect on Jex's first day of school this week. What a big step that is, but I get to be a part of it. I loved watching his excitment, as I picked him up the first day. He had the biggest grin on his face. I got to be a part of that little wonder as he shared with me all about his first day.

Along with all of the little wonderful wonders, there are bad parts to life as well. We also have to be a part of those. The words to the song helped me to realize what matters is what is in your heart, and what we do with all of these small moments in our life. That means in all the moments of our life;good and bad. Then when the bad comes, we just have to let it go. We have to remember the good.

Here are the words to this amazing song:

"Little Wonders"
Let it go,Let it roll right off your shoulder
Don't you knowThe hardest part is over
Let it in,Let your clarity define you
In the end
We will only just remember how it feels
Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders,
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away,
But these small hours,
These small hours still remain
Let it slide,
Let your troubles fall behind you
Let it shine
Until you feel it all around you
And I don't mind If it's me you need to turn to
We'll get by,It's the heart that really matters in the end
Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders,
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away,
But these small hours,
These small hours still remain
All of my regret
Will wash away some how
But I can not forget
The way I feel right now
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists & turns of fate
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours
These small hours, still remain,Still remain
These little wonders
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away
But these small hours
These little wonders still remain

I tried to move the song from my playlist to start when my blog opened, but I am having difficulties. If you scroll down to the very bottom of my playlist, it will be the last song. You should listen to it if you haven't.

I hope it inspires you to not forget the way you feel in the small hours of the day that you share the many little wonders with your little ones.

12 comments:

Brunson's said...

I also love that song. It has been in my playlist for quite sometime.

Christal said...

This song has a very special place at our house! Last summer, Jake earned his very own $$$ from mowing the lawn of a dear friend. When he got home, he announced that he wanted to take us all out to the movies w/ HIS $$$! We loaded up and went to our local $2.50 theater and we all got to watch "Meet the Robinson's" courtesy of a very thoughtful young man. Being there was priceless enough, but the fact that it ended up being such a good movie made it even more special. I'll never forget that. That's why this song hit my playlist the day I created our playslist! Good Pick!

Michelle said...

Beautiful post, Andrea. It helped remind me to enjoy "these small hours" with my sons that are growing way too fast!

Eileen said...

Awesome song. Excellent post. You always have a way of making me reflect AND feel happy! Thank you.

Becky said...

What sweet thoughts. It's funny, as Alden and I browsed the new Friend and read books before bed tonight, it struck me what I will mean to my kids if I teach them all that I can and am supposed to. That thought gives me purpose, I hope it makes sense to someone else! :-)
P.S. I can't believe that Isaac is already 1!!!

Pam said...

I love Rob Thomas and this song is great!! Thanks for sharing

Jamie said...

I love that song. What a cute post, you are such a great mom! I am a bit too onrey with mine lately, please tell me you got that way while being pregnant, you make me feel bad...I love your new blog, errand of angels. SO inspiring:)

Krysta said...

I love that song too. It had been on my playlist for a long time (becuase I loved it) and then my kids were watching "Meet the Robinsons" and I stopped everything I was doing and watched with them. All because I heard the music, and it has had a different meaning to me ever since.

Jennifer said...

Rob and I LOVE that song and the movie. It applies in every way to our lives right now.

Donna's Next Chapter Art said...

I've always liked the song but have never seen the movie. Now I'll rent it.
The thoughts and photo with your post are beautiful. How did you get the kids to look so vibrant while the background is less so?

Jerald and Lorene said...

The picture of my three special Swenson Grandchildren as they look down a pathway (and might be thinking about where their live's path with take them) is truely beautiful.

Cyndi said...

That's such a great song. My kids love that movie & it does have a great lesson in it. I love your blog. It's very inspiring. I think you are an amazing mom & wife. I'm lucky to have you as a friend. Take care,
Cyndi

Related Posts with Thumbnails