Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Role of a Mother....

... you forgot to mention that most of my life as a mother would be spent teaching my children everything they need to know. Does that overwhelm you as much as it does me?

I have been thinking about this over the last few days as I have been:

teaching the kids to swim
teaching them to jumprope
teaching them to ride their bikes

Among all of the other teaching moments we have throughout the day.

I was just wondering if I was the only one with this on my mind, and the constant worry that I just might not get this right.

I need to go back to school, so I can learn how to be a better teacher. I guess I will learn as I go.
YEAH!! for mothers, and everything they do. We are doing a great job!!! Keep up the good work!! (all of this motivation is for me-it was a hard day.)

5 comments:

Eileen said...

I love your posts. They are all so different, fun and creative. It's fun to stalk you.

Boyd said...

You are such a great mom, your kids are sooo lucky! Thanks for your uplifting posts and thanks for your light on the hill post, I just somehow needed to read that one today :)

Tara said...

I've been thinking a lot about this lately, too -- trying to find peace and balance in taking care of my kids, my husband, my home and everything else. It can be quite a struggle, but those fleeting moments of peace are worth the work, don't you think? You're inspiring me, as always. :) Thanks for the chat yesterday -- you are a dear dear friend!!

Jerald and Lorene said...

It is to big of a job to expect to be able to "teach them everything they need to know." And aren't we thankful that we have help from so many sources--the Church, family, friends, the Spriit, the village, and so on. Many of our greatest lessons in life are self taught. Your children are blessed to have such wonderful parents who's teachings and examples will greatly help them through this life. Jerald

Krysta said...

You are a great teacher to us too. Your kids are lucky to have you and so are the rest of us. I'm sorry you had a bad day. You never really let those days get you down, though, so good job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails