Friday, December 7, 2012

Believe in the Magic…

Every year, at least one of my kids asks me if I believe in Santa Claus.

I always respond with, “I believe in the Magic.”

Photobucket

I do.  I totally believe in the magic that happens this time of year.

Photobucket

It is magical to wake up to the laughter of my kids because our elf hung underwear where their stocking should be.

Photobucket

It is magical to have an entire month to teach in more depth about our Savior and what he did for us.

Photobucket

It is magical when you see someone do a kind act for another and simply wish them a Merry Christmas.

Photobucket

I believe in the magic as I watch my kids participate in our advent calendar each day.

Photobucket

My eyes fill up with magic as we see the lights on neighboring houses, or on our drives to and from.

Photobucket

I believe in the magic as I watch my kids write their letters to Santa and tell them what they have done to be good. It is magical to recognize goodness in ourselves.

Photobucket

Our home feels magical as we put out our holiday decorations and we talk about our family traditions.

Photobucket

There is magic as we prepare to give gifts of service or otherwise, in remembrance of our Savior’s birthday.

Photobucket

There is magic when we gather with loved ones to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

Photobucket

So, do I believe?

Yes, I believe in the magic of CHRISTmas.

To see what else I find magical this time of year go here.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love it when someone says Merry Christmas to me & I get to say it in return! So, Merry Christmas to you & your family! :)

Unknown said...

Call me crazy, but I just saw someone who looked like your twin...at the Old Key West resort in Orlando, FL.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What a lovely post! It is a magical time of year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails