Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful.

When a holiday is over, I am sooo ready to move on. 

I took my Halloween stuff down November 1, and put up some fun Autumn and Thanksgiving goodies.

You might be sick of seeing what I do for every Holiday.Photobucket

I love seeing the inside of homes for the holidays.  So forgive me for sharing yet another Holiday.

I just can’t help myself.

Photobucket

I think I love decorating the mantel the most.  It is so fun to get creative with this space. 

I love how people change the art above their mantel for the season’s too.  I can’t bring myself to do that.  I love our family picture too much for that. Photography is such a big part of me, and it shows in my decorating. 

I can’t wait to tell you that we got new pictures taken this weekend; and they are awesome.  Thank you Krysta Moes Photography.  Krysta is semi-retired(just like me), but was willing to come out of retirement for me.  So… I guess my art above my mantel will be changing; and a new family photo will take it’s place. I just have decide which one.  They are all so good.

After the hurricane, we had so many loose branches laying around the yard. I thought it would be fun to use them in my decorating.  My favorite is this fun basket full of them, on the hearth of the fireplace.

Photobucket

I also made a fun felt leaf banner to hang with the Thanksgiving banner I made a few years ago.

I made the Thanksgiving banner using brown cardstock, letters printed on book paper and a little glitter.  It was a fun and simple project.

You can’t forget the felt pinecones and acorns.

My favorite addition to my Thanksgiving décor are my new pillows.  I made them out of a pillow form and some dishtowels.  It was an easy project. A couple stitches up the sides and close up the end.  Wa-la!!! you have pillows in about five minutes. I loved this turkey dishtowel.  It made the perfect Thanksgiving pillow. 

Photobucket

Of course, pumpkins are still a must this time of year.  I always pray that they aren’t moldy by November.  If they are, I will probably pick up new ones.

It is fun to let the festivities carry into the dining room.  A few more sticks, pumpkins, and acorns do the trick.

Photobucket

On the front door hangs a wreath I made a few years back, and the pilgrims that I bought our first year of marriage adorn the piano.

Photobucket

I kept it pretty simple.  Which is good because I just realized that I will be putting up our Christmas tree in 14 or so days, and I counted 7 Christmas bins in the attic.  That’s. not. simple.

Thanks for coming back and putting up with all the holiday pictures.

As a gift, I leave you with this quote. 

Photobucket

You can download it as a printable here.  It is 5x7.  It will look adorable in a frame. 

I think this is the perfect quote for Thanksgiving. 

It explains how I feel about my family perfectly.

9 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Love the printable! Your home is always so beautiful. I'm sure holidays and birthdays will always be magical for your kids!

Unknown said...

That's why I love your blog...I love seeing how other people decorate too! Thanks for sharing,you always have such good taste!!
Sally

KW said...

Super cute. Love the new felt banner & the turkey pillow. Where did you find the towel?

Anonymous said...

I love your style, Andrea! All Pinworthy!

Amanda said...

Ohhh, I love your pillows!

Letti said...

These posts never get old. I love your blog, your home, and your family. I love your pillows you made.

Kari said...

Thank you for the printable. I just added it to my Thanksgiving decor! It's always fun to see your holiday decorations!

Tara said...

Love the pillows!!! And I love the decorating stuff - I'm always excited to see your beautiful home. :)

Jen said...

I love seeing your decorations for each holiday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails