Thursday, October 18, 2012

Celebrating for Little Miss Ruby

Our family has had a wonderful week of celebrating Baby Ruby.  I can’t believe that a year has gone by already. It has been so special to celebrate the birth of a beautiful girl. 

My sister and her husband hosted a little party for Ruby last Saturday.  Ruby would have been one on the 11th of October.  Kristin put together the sweetest party at Ruby’s grave.  Friends and Family came to help celebrate.  To see Ruby’s special party go here.

I wanted to be a part of that celebration so badly.  I even looked in to flights, but it ended up being a weekend that Jonathan had a conference.  Because I couldn’t go to the party, I decided that we would have our own Ruby celebration here in PA. It helped me so much.  I hate being a way from our family.  I hated even more that I couldn’t be there for Kristin and Jared.  This way I felt like I was there for them, even far away. It is so important to me that my kids always remember their cousin. It also helped my heart too.

We started out by wearing Red for Ruby on her Birthday.

Ruby's Birthday party (3 of 55)

We all also wore our Red Ruby power bracelets that day as well.

IMG_1375

On Saturday, we spent the day planning the big party.

Edits19

The kids helped me by making all the decorations.  I think they enjoyed being a part of it, and doing something for Ruby.

Edits19-004

We started the night off by letting off a balloon with a birthday wish for Ruby.  This was something that they did at Ruby’s party in Utah.

  Ruby's Birthday party (32 of 55)2

I wanted to make sure we did it here in PA also.

Edits19-006

We sang “I am a child of God”, before we released the balloons. It was a special moment for our kids and us.

Ruby's Birthday party (41 of 55)

After the balloon release, we celebrated with a special dinner of heart shaped meat-loaf, and all the extras.

Ruby's Birthday party (42 of 55)

I enjoyed making dinner.  I put a lot of effort in to it.  I went the extra mile; it was a special dinner.  It was one of those afternoons, of just doing something special for someone that I love.

Ruby's Birthday party (43 of 55) 

Making dinner for Ruby brought peace to my heart.  I knew I couldn’t be there for her party, but I could do something special to celebrate her.

Edits19-007

After dinner, we all sang Happy Birthday, and then made a wish and blew out her candle.

Edits19-002 

I made special red velvet cupcakes for the occasion.

Edits19-003

…with some special help from Tess.

Edits19-001

We all had such a great night.  I am so thankful that we could come together as a family and celebrate our niece and cousin.  I am also thankful for my sister and Jared.  They have been such wonderful examples to our family.  They are strong and amazing parents.

Ruby's Birthday party (4 of 55)

In honor of Ruby, we were asked to do a random act of kindness.  My family made red cookies, and gave them to their bus driver.

IMG_1393

Thank you to those of you who participated in this, and did your own random act of kindness.

If you would like to make your own Ruby cookies, here is the simple recipe:

Ruby's Birthday party (4 of 55)2

  Don’t forget Ruby’s 15 days of giveaways are still going on.  Check it out here.  Make sure to come back tomorrow.  It is my day to host the giveaway.

Happy Birthday Ruby. I love you.  Eat some heavenly cake for me.

 

 

7 comments:

undomestic mama said...

It's so cool that you guys took the time to celebrate her life even though you couldn't be at the other party. That is one loved little angel!

Brandi said...

I love it!!! How sweet you guys are!!!!! Sweet baby Ruby!

Colleen said...

what a sweet celebration of Ruby's life.

KW said...

Thank you so much for caring about and loving Ruby so much. I love that you participated with us even though you are far away. Hopefully next year we will all be together.

JW said...

Wow! I am blown away by your love for Ruby and our family. Thank you so much for taking the time to remember and celebrate the life of our precious angel. It means more to us than you will ever know. Love you guys!

Michelle said...

This is so awesome. I love how you celebrated precious Ruby's birthday. Thank you more than I can ever express for the love you always showed me at Benjamin's birthday. You truly have a gift for loving, and those who receive that love are so blessed!

Krysta said...

What a sweet celebration. All of your effort was so worth it. I know how much you love and miss Ruby. You honor her so well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails