Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tessa at Two

Tessa Mae recently turned two years old.  I wanted to share some of my favorite Tessa facts.

She is the sweetest girl I know.  We have enjoyed every second with her.

Some of my favorite moments are watching our oldest boy Jex, play with her.   His face lights up whenever he sees her. 

I am thankful everyday that we decided to have four children.  There are times in life before you make the decision to have another child that you question whether you should or not.  Once the child is here, it is never a question.  I worried before each child, but have had no regrets once they were here. 

That has always been the case with Tess.  I have made it a point to enjoy her even more because I know she is our last.

tess4

Tessa Mae has been so much fun at two.

She speaks her own language.  She jibber jabbers all day long.  Most of the time I have no idea what she is saying.  On the other hand, I can understand her very well when she really does try to talk.  She is learning words everyday.  The other kids call her a parrot.

She has never loved movies, but has recently become fascinated with Tangled.  I love peeking in on her as she watches Rapunzel sing.

Tessa

All of our kids have gotten excited when Jonathan gets home, but I have never seen as much excitement as Tess seems to have.  She shrieks and giggles when she realizes daddy is home.

tess 5

She will ask me, “hold you?”  She says it pretty much all day.  She loves to snuggle and be held.

She loves to read stories.  She reads them to herself and says, “the end.”  She also loves when I read and sing to her.  Her favorite song is “Slippery fish.”  To which she calls “shishes.”

She is our only child that actually plays well by herself, and keeps herself entertained.

tess-2

She loves to play hairdresser with my hair. She will comb, cut, and flat iron it with a pretend set Grandma gave her for her birthday.  Hence the reason that no one in our house is allowed to have scissors.  I have hidden them all, because I am so worried she will find them and “pretend” to play hairdresser on her own hair.  She has long hair for a two year old.  We get lots of comments on it.

She has decided that she wants to sleep in a big girl bed.  She sleeps in Stella’s bed for most of her naps.  I have ordered her toddler bed and it should be here any day.  It is so cute.  I can’t wait to see it.

tess1

She loves Mac n cheese.  She giggles the whole time you are making it. She also loves to help in the kitchen.

cookies-0203

She still uses sign language while she talks.  It is so darn cute.

She is always happy, and is usually laughing too. She has the cutest little laugh.

You can hear Tessa’s cute laugh at the beginning of this video.

She is a very prissy little girl.  She loves to have her hair done, wear dresses and tu-tus.  She loves jewelry and makeup.  She even walks prissy.

One of my favorite things about Tess is her love of music.  She can’t help but get her groove on whenever she hears a beat.  It is the cutest things, and she is actually a pretty good dancer.

tess-0144

She is also very sensitive.  She does not like to be scolded or get in trouble.  If she does get in trouble, she lays her head down and won’t look at you. 

She is a very snuggly girl.  My favorite part about her.  I will snuggle with her any day.

Tessa Mae, we all love you very much.  I am not sure that I am okay with you being two.  I will make you a deal:  You can stay two as long as you don’t grow up any more.  I want you to stay my baby forever.  Deal? 

3 comments:

valerie said...

Tessa is adorable and looks just like her momma! Love the photos you take too....wish I lived closer so you could shoot my gang! hugs

JW said...

She is the cutest angel I have ever seen. I love that laugh too!

Krysta said...

I can't wait to see her! She is pretty darn cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails