Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Parties make life FUN!!

Baby Shower collage CR

I hosted a fun little baby shower for my friend last week.  She will be having a baby boy soon.  So I went with the Vintage Car theme.

I found a vintage car brush from Brusheezy, and used them in photoshop to make the little picks.  Muffin liners are around the outside, and then I hot-glued them on skewers.  I used a piece of felt over the stick and the paper to keep it together better.picksCR

 Then I designed a few T-shirt transfers with them. My other rideCR They made the most adorable T-shirts, decorations and gift.

OnesieCR

 I pulled out my trusting sewing machine and made a baby banner.  It was so cute that I offered for her to take it home.  She is able to hang it in the nursery because I made sure to use her colors.

BannerCR

Close up bannerCR

The food was delicious.  I made sugar cookies(recipe here).  It was so fun to frost them.  They looked beautiful on the table.

CookiesCR

I had some friends bring some side dishes(which were to die for), and then I served Chicken Salad on homemade rolls.

Chicken Salad Recipe

2 Chicken breasts boiled and shredded

1 C. grapes chopped.

1 green pepper chopped

1 onion chopped

Slivered almonds if you have them

Add those ingredients together.

Mix:  1 C.  Real Mayo

1 C. Sour cream

with 2 tsp. dill, 1 tsp. salt and pepper to flavor.

Add to the chopped ingredients.

Let refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

My friend, Tracy helped me throw the shower.  She always finds the most adorable cakes.  It was blue with brown polka-dots.  Sigh. So adorable as part of the table scape.( I wish that I wasn’t so busy hosting and that I remembered to take pictures)

showerCR

Last but not least, I made these poms for over the table.  They are everywhere in the blog world; I found tutorial on Martha.

PomsCR

I love them.  Since the party, I have used them here.

 And now they adorn my room.

 Pom poms 4 CR

So cheap, and easy to make.Pom poms bw CR

I love a good party. 

Parties make life FUN!!

6 comments:

KW said...

wow, it turned out super cute. I want to place my order for Luke to get some tees like those. His b-day is in Nov...hint hint.

Krysta said...

So, so, so adorable. I'm glad you posted that. I was wondering how it went. I love that you put the pom poms in your room. They make it even more dreamy!

katie@tulsadetails said...

Oh my gosh, Andrea. This is stunning! You did an awesome job! I LOVE the tshirts you did and everything is absolutely perfect!! I bet the guests loved it!

Lorinda said...

LOVE the pom poms. Would look cute in a girls' room. I made some chicken salad yesterday...with coconut, mango chutney and curry. A very yummy twist on an old favorite!

Cyndi said...

Um...will you come throw me a baby shower?! Seriously...you are the most talented & creative girl out there! All I can say is....WOW!!!

beth said...

Did you say how many the chicken salad served? I've been looking for a new recipe, and this looks so yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails