Sunday, June 13, 2010

A little trip and walk down memory lane.

When I was a girl, every 4th of July my family and extended family would make the 30 minute drive to the nearby KOA campground.

It was tradition.

As a child, I looked forward to nothing more.

Some of my greatest memories were spent camping and making memories with my family.

I decided it was time for my own family to experience this.

I found a KOA and we made the journey.

The KOA was very similar to the one that I went to as a child.

We had such a great time, I hope that our kids will remember the memories that we made.

KOA1

KOA2

KOA4

KOA3

Memories to Remember:

Cooking out

Feeding the ducks

Flashlight candy hunt

Watermelon on the porch

Mini-Golf

Pool Time

HEAT HEAT and more HEAT

Nature

Morning walks

Games

Train ride

Air Hockey

Time spent together.

I heart my family.

7 comments:

Amber said...

My family also went to KOA every year. I was so sad when it was burned :(. I have so many memories from there. Glad you could find one close to you!

Tiffany said...

I love KOA campgrounds! They are so family friendly. My husband and I were just talking last night about how we want to go to one next year when our baby, who will arrive in a few weeks, is older. It wouldn't be much fun going with a newborn this year!! Ha. I have so many fond childhood memories from KOA's.

Pam said...

Brings back the memories!! Glad you found it and had a great time!

Tara said...

What fun memories! And beautiful pictures. I can't believe how big your kids are looking - Stella looks so very grown up!

Unknown said...

I love your blog Andrea! you are so creative, I'll have to have you give me some decorating help :)
I have a Nikon D40 and I love it! We do have a lot in common. Luanne said she thought we'd get along well, who knew we had so many similar interests! Your family is so cute and I love the family pictures, those are great! So glad you are here in Arkansas!

Krysta said...

It looks like so much fun! I love your pictures. We can't wait to go with you guys. Sign us up for October. I'll talk to you more later. I forgot to tell you today.

Kelly A. said...

It looks like you guys are having a super fun summer already!

So I emailed you about this, but I am wondering if I could share some of your ideas from your first "What I've Learned Thursday" on our blog at villageformoms.blogspot.com
I just wantedto make sure I had your permission first :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails